Chapter 21

longer  chapter =)

“I’ll buy this.” I said, handing Cameron my monopoly cash.

He smirked and started to count the notes I had given him.

“I’m not going to cheat, you know!” I glared.

“You’re $10 short, Hailey.” Cameron stated smugly.

Having just contradicted myself, a red blush tinted my cheeks. “Here, I miscounted.” I defended, stuffing what I owed into his hand.

Loud footsteps trumpeted into the living room, and it was Leo who had walked in. Perfect timing, I thought. “Cameron, it’s your turn.” I smiled sweetly, feeling two lasers suddenly bore into the back of my head. A heavy pang of guilt hung over me when he angrily departed; Cameron only gave me a strange look but refused to say anything.

Fifteen minutes later, at the climax of the game; the unwanted visitor marched in again with a leggy blonde, clinging shamelessly onto his arm. “Leo...” She purred seductively.

I glanced at her in distaste, an overwhelming urge to vomit trounced over my senses, and I swallowed the nasty bile that was already starting to accumulate in my throat.

She was very pretty; with straight platinum blonde hair and baby blue eyes. Much to my resentment, her legs seemed like they stretched on for miles in that unbelievably short dress.

I tuned myself back into the game; afraid that jealousy would try to rear its ugly head.

“You guys don’t mind if we watch you play, right?” Leo asked politely, though his tone was nothing but malicious. It sounded more like a death threat from the mafia!

“Sure, suit yourself.” I replied as nonchalantly as I could.

Leo settled himself into one of the plush leather armchairs and immediately, the blonde curled herself onto his chest.

I bit back the urge to throw her across the room; though it would’ve been nice if I was Hermione Granger at that time.

“You’re frowning.” Cameron stated, gently spreading out the worry lines on my forehead.

“Oh –“ I began to say, but was interrupted by a blatant moan. My eyes shot over to Leo, and found the blonde sucking loudly at his neck like a leech.

“Clarissa!” He groaned again.

Clenching my fists, I felt a raging fire eat up every stable emotion I ever had.

“Ignore them.” Cameron whispered, holding my hand in comfort.

Swallowing hard, I rolled the dice. “Jail?” I wailed, placing my boot shaped counter on the cardboard.

“$200 for bail.” Cameron chuckled, brushing his hand against my cheek lightly.

“You’re so nice.” I snap with sarcasm, and unwillingly gave him the money.

“Lower, Clarissa, don’t stop!” Leo interrupted huskily, and the kissing sounds heavily continued.

My fuse completely blew. “CAN YOU PERHAPS SAVE THAT STUFF FOR THE BEDROOM?” I yelled at him furiously.

Leo glanced at me smugly; “why, are you jealous?” He sneered.

Yes you idiot, of course I’m bloody jealous! But I would rather die than admit that. “Cameron, let’s give them some privacy.” I hissed instead, packing away the game.