Chapter 25

Because you've being such good readers!!!! I've uploaded another chapter!!!!! Two chapters in one day!!!!

It's relatively short, but don't worry, the next one will be posted tomorrow!!!! So you won't be left hanging too long..... =)

I raised my knuckles to the door.....then dropped my hand again. Spreading my fingers on the wooden surface, I couldn’t do it. But I had to. Stupid nagging conscience, I thought as I knocked quietly.

After a few seconds, when I figured it was safe to go in, I tugged open his door and shrieked.

***

My jaw dropped on the ground as a half-naked Leo glared at me, only a white fluffy towel was loosely tied at his hip, therefore baring his godlike upper body. His golden curls had also darkened visibly and tiny droplets of water were dripping down his uncovered chest, indicating his recent shower.

“Are you just going to keep on staring?” Leo growled rudely.

Feeling like a complete idiot, I closed my mouth and ripped my gaze up to look at his bitter eyes. “I’m sorry!” I scowled, a little peeved by his vulgar attitude.

“Forget it.” Leo brushed off my apology carelessly.

My eyebrows twitched together in annoyance, so he really wasn’t going to make this any easier for me, was he?

“Fine!” I snapped back childishly. Trudging bashfully towards the door, Leo made no attempt to stop me from leaving. Yet I knew I couldn’t just leave things like that, Rebecca would wallow miserably in her misunderstandings if I did!  

“I’m sorry okay?” I grunted in resignation, swerving my head around to glower at him.

“For what?” Leo raised his eyebrows arrogantly. Pfftt.....As if he really didn’t know!

All rational thoughts flew out of my mind as I launched myself at him, throwing my arms around his slim torso. Ah.....I wanted to do that in a long time......

“Just shut up Leo!” I ordered, feeling the water on his body quickly absorb into the fabric of my t-shirt. Thankfully, he didn’t push me away in disgust, instead I felt his whole frame relax, and slowly, he placed his arms around my shoulders.

A wet substance hit my cheeks, and the contact brought me back to reality. WHAT WAS I DOING? Tearing myself away from him, his muscular arms pulled me right back into place. “Stop moving!” Leo instructed seriously.

My heart was beating like a tambourine drum, and I swore he heard it. Well judging by the snigger he made, which rumbled through his chest like a hurricane. Saving myself from further humiliation, I tried to yank myself away from his grip, but the more I struggled, the closer he drew me in. When I was at the point where my face was squished breathlessly against his solid chest, I stomped on his foot hard in vexation.

Like magic, Leo released me automatically, and started to hop around the room cursing. “What the hell was that for?” He hissed angrily, clutching his blooming red foot in pain.

“For being a bloody pervert!” I retorted red facedly back at him.

“How am I a pervert?” Leo stuttered in disbelief, while hopping over to his exceedingly large wardrobe. Unlike my room, he didn’t have a walk-in-wardrobe. It would be a little gay if he did though, not that I’m implying anything....

“You hugged me first...” He turned around to face me, and then casually dropped his towel.

Shielding my virgin eyes from the monstrosity of what he didn’t even bother to hide, I let out an ear deafening scream.

***

“I was in my boxers, Hailey. It’s not like I was naked.” Leo pointed out, forcing me to unwillingly relive the whole incident again.

Rebecca hustled in at that moment, and overheard his last words. “So something happened last night?” She winked at me, having completely reverted back into her usual cheery self.

“Oh yeah,” Leo chuckled at the same time I said; “NO!”

Rebecca placed a tall glass of hot chocolate with whipped cream in front of me; “you’ve got to stop fighting your feelings, Hailey.” She murmured discreetly in my ear.

Blushing, I focused my anger towards the sniggering boy seated opposite me.  “Stop laughing, I mean who actually drops their towel in front of a girl?” I snapped, digging my spoon into the thick topping on my drink.

“For the last time, it’s not like you saw anything! I don’t even know why you screamed...” Leo groaned in exasperation.

“I have to agree with him, you were so loud that you probably woke up the whole neighbourhood!” Rebecca noted, siding with her employer’s son.

“The last time I checked, we don’t have any neighbours.” I responded dryly. The mansion was set on two acres of land, so the only thing next door was the grass.

Eating the remainder of the cream, Rebecca appeared beside me and refilled my cup, without a word. She had grown accustomed to my eating habits by now, since occasionally, she would find me huddled beside the fridge, holding the can of whipped cream like a sacred object.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t eat breakfast in peace, not with Leo smirking at me every two seconds, and Rebecca shooting me knowing glances every time I slightly looked her way.

“I’m going to school!” I declared to no one in particular. Not even bothering to say goodbye, I stalked out of the mansion in annoyance.

Only when I got to the driveway, I remembered.

Shoot! Now I had to catch a ride with him, since my car was still in the school car park!

Scowling, I kicked his beloved car’s tire in frustration, not that he would’ve noticed anyway.

***

It had being a while since I came to school with Leo.

All eyes were on us, as he gunned the engine. To be honest, we were from two completely different worlds if we were talking about social statuses. While I had a count of zero friends, he literally had hundreds. No, even more.... He had thousands on Facebook.

Sulking, an unwanted feeling of loneliness started to bite at my self esteem, and I tried to not let it bother me too much.

Suddenly, Leo slung his arm idly around my shoulders, then placed his other on my waist as if he had noticed my depression. The gesture was simple enough, but it warmed me to the core. Despite the audience we had, and the numerous glares I was receiving from the females, I beamed sincerely at him.

While hoping, just hoping, that this was not an act for the public to see, and his gesture was from the heart, just like my smile.