Chapter 37

Since you guys were so nice, and commented and voted, I've uploaded the next chapter extra early..... Cliffhangers, don't you hate them?  Oh and Thanks for answering my question guys, I'll make sure Cameron gets his punishment.... Hehehehehe

Thanks for comments and votes!!!!

...."Mariah was my first love, she was my everything. But she broke my heart." Leo confided in a low tone. "Cameron stole her away from me." He added, closing his eyes slowly.

I felt my world shift; something inside of me was trying to tell me something. Yet I couldn't remember anything, nothing made sense!

"As you know, Cameron is my half-brother. My father divorced Sophia Reese; his mother, to marry mine." Leo revealed gravelly.  

I nodded speechlessly and let him continue.

"He blamed his broken family on me, and technically it's true. My mother was pregnant with me, when my dad divorced Sophia." Leo paused, his tone laced with evident remorse.

"So Cameron has been trying to avenge me since then, doing literally anything to get under my skin, even using Mariah." He growled angrily, but one could feel the guilt he carried. "If he had to take her away from me, he should’ve at least treated her right." He croaked in misery.

"What happened?" I enquired, feeling my heart clench at the sad expression on his face.

"He dumped her as soon as she broke my heart. But she had fallen for him, she really did. She was heart-broken, so hurt that she even committed suicide on the same day." Leo scrunched up his facial expression in sorrow, his back hunched from emotional pain.

Even though it wasn't his fault, what Mariah did to herself had obviously cut him deep, I could tell. Even now, Leo was ridden with remorse.

Feeling completely useless, I tugged him towards me, and embraced him tightly, offering him all the warmth that he needed.

"She jumped off the top of a building, nobody knew apart from a few people. Her father had paid a lot of money to keep it from the media." Leo mumbled. "She didn't die, though often I would think it would've been better if she did. From the fall, she broke her spine, becoming completely immobile, trapped inside her own body." Leo choked, and I felt a sudden drop of wetness hit my shirt.

"I've visited her a few times after the accident, but I can't seem to walk inside her room. It kills me to see her like that, because if I didn't fall in love with her, it would've never happened." He cursed himself in a strangled tone.

"That's also the reason why I've never let myself fall in love afterwards. I couldn't risk it; I wouldn't fall in love, not if the person I loved would get hurt because of it. But then you came along, with your stubbornness, and vibrant personality..." Leo gave me a small smile, and wrapped his arms tighter around me.

"You were so different than everybody else, and before I knew it, I was crazy for you." He gave a little chuckle, and pressed a quick kiss to my cheek.

"The fact that you didn’t go down without a fight, only intrigued me further. You were like the splash of color in my washed-out life, so I couldn't bear to see you with anyone else other than me. Then Cameron got closer to you, and I nearly lost my mind! I was so worried, so scared, after what happened to Mariah, and without knowing; I became everything that you hated. My emotions took control of me, and I became jealous, controlling, angry, and violent." He confessed, with a bowed head.