Epilogue

This last chapter is dedicated to Hugabear, she was the one who kept asking me to write the epilogue, I need the motivation sometimes, so without her frequent posts, i don't think I would've actually done it.... SO thank you so much hugabear!!!  When I'm slow on updating, you always motivate me!!!! It's nice to see a reader that wants to know what happens next!!! :DDDD

Epilogue

*Five years later

“From witness 1 and 2’s statement, we have proved that the defendant clearly did not instigate the fire at Sean Yield’s residence on Saturday, the 17th of February. Thank you.” I nodded civilly at the judge before taking a seat.

My client sent me a look of relief on the opposite side of the room. 

I fiddled with the uncomfortable white curly wig on the top of my head; I had no idea why people still wore those things. What good was it to look like Beethoven?

“Has the jury reached a decision?” Judge Harley asked, looking pointedly at the row of people to his left.

They nodded as they passed a piece of paper to him. My heart was completely calm; I knew I had already won the case.

“Due to the lack of evidence, plus the testaments of the two witnesses, the jury has decided that Mark Rander is innocent and he played no part whatsoever to the alleged incident on that unfaithful night. In addition, the initiator of this lawsuit, Sean Yields will be obliged to compensate the defendant the approximate sum of $2500 for court fees. Case dismissed!” Judge Harley declared.

Sean sent me a glower that could burn through steel as he stormed angrily out of the court room, the door slamming loudly shut behind him.

“Thank you, thank you Miss Aries!” My client practically cried, his round cheeks lighting up with emotion.

“It was nothing.” I smiled back at the short man in front of me. Mark Renders was one of those people with a few extra pounds on his waistline, plus rough stubble on his chubby cheeks and a diminishing height – he resembled more of a dwarf than anything else.

“No, it was all your hard work that I didn’t get a jail sentence! Thank you for proving me innocent.” He sobbed noisily, clutching my hands as if I was god.

I gave him a small smile in return then felt my cellphone vibrate. “Excuse me.” I said, as I pulled out my blackberry from my pocket, “hello.”

“You want to celebrate?” The caller asked condescendingly.

A large grin automatically pulled at my lips, “how did you even know that I won the case?” I smirked in amusement.

“How could you not win? You’re my fiancé, I have standards too - you know.” Leo teased.

“I know, I know. I’m the best! Now you know how lucky you are to have me?” I laughed as I leant back on the desk behind me.

“Don’t get too cocky now, that’s my job.” He joked with a snicker.

I chuckled, dusting my fingers over the expensive material of my skirt in a comfortable silence. It was Leo’s gift to me when I graduated from Law school, he had presented to me this gorgeous black Chanel creation that probably cost thousands.

“Don’t forget about the family lunch at Clarions, remember.” He reminded me.

“Of course I won’t, I’m heading there after I drop off some things.” I replied with a smile.