Chapter 35

Because of the comments and votes, I had to upload!!!! =D Enjoy, this is a chapter of Cameron and Leo.....

Remember to vote!!!! Pretty pllleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =)

***

Cameron’s point of view*

The two thugs released me once the Lamborghini sped out of sight. Shooting the men a disgusted look, I dusted imaginary grime off my Jacket, as if their mere touch dirtied me.

“Do you want to get a drink?” A soft female voice spoke.

I inclined my head towards her direction, to find Brittany Paulison smiling at me.

“Sure.” I nodded. Hailey was gone, and knowing Leo’s personality, it would be a while before she got back.

***

Brittany Paulison was not your typical blonde; surprisingly she was not ditzy and actually had ambitions. Such as winning the heart of my damned half-brother. 

No such luck, I told her. Yet that only made her more determined to achieve her goal. Not that I had any problems with that. The last thing I wanted was for Hailey and him to reconcile, and of course; that would ever happen.

I wasn’t even slightly worried. Knowing Hailey’s stubborn personality, once she made up her mind; there was really no turning back. Leo Gallagher was a dead man in her books.

“It’s simple. I want Leo and you want Hailey!” Brittany confirmed, her gray eyes glittering tenaciously.

Downing my small pint of Tequila, I watched the blonde with apparent interest. “We have a deal.” I grinned.

***

Leo’s point of view *

I was knocking back whiskey shots, one right after the other. The six months in Spain had being everything but relaxed. And all that bullshit in the media about me bonding with Brittany Paulison? It was all Cameron’s dirty work. Unfortunately, my cold-blooded father then decided to do it for real, and the bunch of lies soon turned into reality.

I never forgot about Hailey the whole time I was in Spain. One minute, I was pulled out of class and driven home, and the next I was jetting off to Europe. I couldn’t contact Hailey, and believe me, I tried. The old man had confiscated my cellphone and all necessary means of communication, replacing all my gadgets with new stuff.

I would never marry Brittany Paulison in a million years.

And how could I, when my heart already belonged to someone else? I couldn’t sleep for nights knowing that the one girl I loved was probably out there hating me, thinking I used her and broke her heart. So after a difficult process (it’s not easy when your every move is been watched) I sent her a letter. Hopefully, I thought she would understand, and that once I returned, she would forgive me.

Happy endings don’t seem to like me very much however. Because not only did Hailey refuse to talk to me when I got back, she wanted nothing to do with me. Needless to say, I felt like my heart was being ripped open. Her cruel words kept repeating in my mind, and feeling depressed would be an understatement.

Nonetheless, the icing on the cake would’ve been my father’s call straight after. The old man took the pleasure in telling me that my official engagement party was next week. I seriously wanted to kill something, but unfortunately before I could tell him where to stuff it, he had hung up. Cold like always.   

Letting the alcohol burn my throat, I signalled for more. My head spun, but no amount of whiskey could take away that horrible feeling of heart-break inside. The pain was equal to dying.