Chapter 28

I STAYED UP UNTIL 11:30PM TO WRITE THIS UP FOR YOU GUYS!!!! =D

BOO I HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW AND HAVE TO WAKE UP AT SEVEN =(

REMEMBER TO VOTE OR COMMENT! AND YAY THIS IS A LONG CHAPTER...FINALLY EASED ALL THAT CLIFFHANGER ITCH........ =)

Two weeks had past, and I had vowed to myself to forget the past, to just let it be.

Getting back to my usual daily life before it was interrupted was not difficult, and things just fell back into place like they used to.

Fern also held more respect for me now; apparently dating Leo Gallagher had automatically taken me to her good books. Not that I cared of course.

Cameron was like my right hand; our friendship had grown progressively during the short period, and he hardly left my side. Yet I had a suspicion that he only started warming up to me after the fight with Jace, but he never mentioned it, so neither did I.

Cameron also became very protective, not as possessive as Leo, but he did forbid any guy to come near me.

My feelings for Leo during this time, never changed however. I still liked him, so much that I often find myself subconsciously writing his name on my notebook.

Still if I had that second chance, what wouldn’t I do to change things!

Mr Green had organised an outdoor trip for our class, although it was more of a small get-together than anything. We were going to be staying in tents for one night in pairs, and a lot of people opted out of this trip due to the location. We were going to be staying out in the wilderness with the mountains and lakes, but without toilets or showers.

Gallagher High rarely organised such trips like these, because there were hardly any participants. However, Mr Green had promised to give all of us extra marks for participating, from total desperation.

I had agreed to take part since I needed those extra marks, and Cameron had tagged along with me. We were currently sitting inside our brand new tent while unrolling our goose feather sleeping bags.

 Even a three day camping trip required the best equipment, brand new and the finest quality accessible.

“There’s no reception.” Cameron stated in a monotone.

I gave him a weary look, as he stuffed his blackberry back into his pocket then pulled out his laptop instead. Sighing, I wrenched away the computer from his hands, “we’re camping.” I emphasized, glaring at him.

Cameron grinned at my peeved expression, then pressed his forehead against mine; “really, Einstein?” He chuckled cheekily.

My cheeks reddened and I pushed him away; “we’re not here to watch television.” I announced, sticking out my tongue.

“ALL STUDENTS, GATHER UP AT THE SITE NOW PLEASE!” Mr Green’s voice rumbled through the speaker. 

“Come on,” I nudged Cameron’s shoulder, stepping out of the tent first; he followed behind me, wearing the opposite of camping wear; which was designer jeans and a dress shirt.

Mr Green stood there with his portable speaker, trying to look stern, yet failing epically. He was the kind of teacher who was easygoing and carefree; so nearly all the students liked him.

In his mid forties, he was quite fit for his age. Taking his job seriously, Mr Green mostly wore khaki colours representing the outdoor/wildlife he loved so much. Unfortunately, he was also the type of man, who was keen on waking up at gruelling hours to watch the sunrise. And that was something nobody wanted to do........