Chapter 29

Okay, I've uploaded the next chapter!!!! =D

ENJOY!!!! THANX FOR FANNING AND THE COMMENTS, AND THE VOTES!!!!

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE GOD OF GALLAGHER HIGH 111 ON THE WHAT'S HOT LIST!!!

I won't take that for granted!

This chapter is for all you readers who voted for every chapter! =D

***

The momentum of the wind drove me forward, and I dashed straight without hesitation. I didn’t know how long I had been running, or how far I had gone. My only objective was to drive myself away from those polluted thoughts that were currently protruding my mind.

Twenty minutes later, my legs collapsed into a shaky pile on the ground. While my breaths came out as raggedy puffs, sweat lined my forehead as evidence of my recent attempt to try and escape reality.

Before I could even control my stormy emotions; my tears had pushed through the barricade and trickled down my cheeks.

Yet I was silent, and not a single sound was emitted from me. There was nobody who could hear me, but I would not give Cameron the satisfaction, even if he wasn’t present.

Wallowing in my heartache, I asked myself a question; who else could I trust now?

After a few thoughtful moments, realization hit me like a flying sack of potatoes.

All the things Cameron said about Leo was a lie.

 Leo never did set me up, and he never tried to destroy my relationship with Cameron, no matter how much he despised him.

All Leo had done was help me, because he knew, he knew what Cameron was plotting.

Yet because of my stubborn personality, I had refused to believe him; I had refused to trust him, when all along, he was just trying to protect me from this.

But in the end, not only did I turn my back on him; I even publicly humiliated him in front of the whole school!

I let out a loud scream of pure frustration, how could I have been so dense? Like an idiot, I had foolishly destroyed the only real friendship I had.

My airways constricted, and a burning sensation started deep inside my chest, punishing me for my actions.

It was mainly heartbreak and regret that spurned through me in waves, almost making me nauseous. I felt disgusted, at no other person but myself.

I had being obnoxious and cruel to the one person who cared, but I wanted to solve this.

 I wanted forgiveness, even though I clearly didn’t deserve it!

With frantic hands, I fumbled my pockets for a phone. Taking it out, I swore. Of course there would be no reception! I mentally hit myself for being so stupid; I was in a bloody forest for Christ sakes.

Feeling utterly hopeless, I shook my head in dejection. The only other plan was to physically reach him, which was obviously out of the forest.

That idea was practical, well it was, before I realised I was completely lost.

Cursing, I kicked a rotting tree stump in annoyance. The sun had already sunk beneath the horizon, and I seriously doubted I would be able to walk out of the maze, before the purple sky transformed into a dark blue.