Chapter 23

Dream it's possible

Next day

Carl's Pov

I was going in Stephanie's room after finishing my work,when I heard her talking to Eldy.

S:What?No you can't tell Carl,he'll kill me.
E:But you have to tell him,he's gonna know sooner or later.
S:I will tell him,but not now.If he knew that I knew that'll get shot he'll end me.
E:I told you this is dangerous and you told me "I'm used to it and I'll be fine."*mimick her*I hope he'll kill you.
S:I doubt that you're my friend.Now shut up he's coming any second now.

I was boiling in anger,I calmed myself down a little and knocked on the door.I went in and Eldy's eyes widened,I smirked and signed her to go out.
I looked at Stephanie and she looked at me confused.We were left alone and I looked at her with my dark,evil eyes as she gulped.

S:You....
C:Shut up.
S:*widen eyes*What do you.....?
C:I clearly told you to shut up.
S:Why are you.....?
C:SHUT UP*yell out of his lungs*DON'T YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH TO SAY A THING.YOUR STUBBORN ASS CAN'T HELP BUT TO DO EVERYTHING ALONE,CAN'T IT?DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT COULD'VE HAPPENED TO YOU?THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT THE BULLET WAS 3 INCHES AWAY FROM YOUR HEART,YOUR CONDITION WAS WAY TOO CRITICAL AND I COULD'VE LOST YOU.WHY DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN TO ME?WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO DO IT WITH ME,WE WERE SUPPOSE TO BE PARTNERS AND ONE,FUCKING ONE SOUL RIGHT?*threw the stuff on the table on the floor*WHY?WHY DIDN'T YOU EVEN TELL ME THIS WILL HAPPEN?

I looked at her and saw her crying while staring at me.I wanted to hug her and calm her down but,she doesn't know that she almost died.

S:I'm sorry...I r-really am sor...
C:YOU'RE SORRY?THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY?DO YOU KNOW THAT AT THE OPERATOR DAY YOUR HEART STOPPED BEATING AS WELL AS MINE.I HEARD THE DOCTOR FROM THE OPERATION ROOM CALLING FOR MORE HELP,YOU LOST A LOT OF BLOOD AND YOUR HEART TOOK MINUTES TO BEAT AGAIN.DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW I FELT BACK THEN?AND NOW ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY TO ME IS THAT YOU'RE SORRY?IF I FUCKING LOST YOU WHAT WOULD THAT MOTHER FUCKING SORRY DO? WILL IT BRING YOU BACK?
WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND TO STOP PISHING ME AWAY,DO YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD I DO IF I LOST YOU?

S:Please f-forgive me,I just...I w-wanted to keep you safe and yet all those bad things that are happening to you are because of me,I promise I won't push you away anymore and..

C:*chuckles bitterly*Promise,I promise you,promises promises promises....*Punch the wall hard*That's all you can do*punch the wall again*YOU CAN PROMISE BUT CAN YOU FOLLOW TOUR WORDS?CAN YOU RESPECT YOUR FUCKING WORDS AND REALLY NOT BREAK THE PROMISE?HUH?CAN YOU?*punch the wall again*

Stephanie's Pov

With every thud voice,I closed my eyes,I was scared for the first time ever.Then I heard a water drop I looked at the floor,it was his hand.He's bleeding.I took the covers off me and stood up and ran to him,my legs truly hurts but he's bleeding.I held his hand in mine and looked at it as more tears flew down my cheeks.

Carl's Pov

I looked at her face it was filled with worriness,I could see her pain visible on her face.She held the table with one hand and with the other my hand.

S:Are you okay?I'm sorry this happened because of me.Are you in pain?Let me treat your wound....

I took my hand out of hers and just stared at her,she held on to the table with her both hands and turned her head looking away,I can clearly see pain in her eyes,she was in pain....her legs hurt.....
I held her in my arms and lift her up in bridal style and placed her on the bed, I sat at the end of the bes far from her.

S:Carl, I really am sorry P-please forgive me.

C:I'm just imagining if the bullet was inches to the left, it would've hit your heart then what? What would've happened to you? I mean, you didn't even think about us? Fucking forget about you and me... What about our baby? David called for you every 5 minutes, he even cried more than I did cause you weren't there to hug him, you weren't with us to give him the love that he deserves. I never seen him cry that much, he needed you more than I did, at least when I stopped crying it was for him when he was in my arms I didn't want him to feel that his mother is in danger but he felt it anyway. You just don't think, do you? You never thought about what could've happened to you.