How He Proposes - Part 1

You and Shawn have been together for about two years now. You're basically known to the world as the on-again-off-again couple.

He picks fights all the time. He can't help it, that's just the way he is. Even though you know that you two disagree, he's still completely in love with you. It's hard to believe sometimes.

Especially times like this.

After your one A.M fight last night, that made Shawn end up sleeping on the couch and you crying in the bedroom, you woke up the next day to find him gone. Which, of course, hurt even worse.

You had to wonder how long it might be until he comes back, if at all. If at all. That put a knot in the pit of your stomach just thinking about it.

The fight was over him, after all. You calmly mentioned how you've started to feel lonely with him gone recording all the time. He told you that you should be more supportive of his music, which seemed crazy to you since you totally are. You expected him at any point to apologize, but he never did.

And soon it turned into screaming about all kinds of things, about whose turn it is to do the dishes and who comes home late and why he never kisses you anymore.

But in reality, it was just that you both were growing tired.

You stay at the apartment that you and Shawn basically share, waiting impatiently for him to return as you send him multiple text messages and calls and voicemails. You wanted to apologize to him for overreacting, but now you were starting to get worried.

After hours and hours of waiting, your phone finally buzzes.

Meet me at North Riverside.

You freeze, reading it again and again to be sure it was true. What would Shawn be doing at North Riverside? He doesn't know anyone that lives there, or so you thought. Maybe he's hiding all kinds of things.

Why haven't you been returning my calls? You respond.

You wait another three minutes until your phone buzzes again.

Busy. Please will you just meet me here, Y/N? We really need to talk!!

Then your phone buzzes yet again, but this time it was Matt. You slowly click on his name and scroll to the bottom of your conversation.

Yeah, bro. I got it. You owe me a ton, but I did get a discount, after all. I'll exchange it to you at North Riverside for the $$, on my way now.

You furrow your brow, and cock your head to the side.

Umm...what are you talking about? You type quickly.

All he responded with was oops.

Under that, it said, Not for you, sorry.

You cringe.

Who are you giving money to at North Riverside?

It took him quite a while to say anything back.

My Dad. He had me get this hammer thingy for him.

You're lying, Matthew.

I'm not! It's true!

Why is everyone at North Riverside?? Shawn just asked me to meet him there!

When he didn't say anything back, you rub your eyes and send another text to Shawn.

Explanation please.

Are you on your way yet? He types back.

Not yet.

Good, wait a little longer. I forgot something.

You create a group chat between you, Shawn, Matt, Taylor, Carter, Cam, Nash, Hayes, and anyone else who might know anything.

Someone please explain to me what is going on.

Shawn was first to respond. I told you, Y/N, I'll explain everything when you get here babe. I love you so much!

Then your phone blew up with texts from all the boys telling you and Shawn to get a room.

***

A/N

HANDWRITTEN IS OUT AND ITS THE BEST THING THATS EVER HAPPENED TO ME ASJKFLVAIVA STRINGS AFTERTASTE CRAZY AIR HOLYBABAVENNFI

-avey.