Valentine's Day (Imagine for Diana)

A/N Ok so if you don't know already (like if you live in a different country or something idk) Chick-fil-a is a beloved American chicken restaurant way better than any disgusting restaurant place you can name. It is life in a 12-piece box and half gallon of lemonade. It gives me happiness. K bye

This Valentine's day was going to be a lonely one. You and your best friend usually stayed up and ate candy while watching cheesy romantic movies, but this year she actually has a boyfriend and told you she would be spending it with him.

Being the single-pringle girl you are, you stay in for Valentine's day and read The Fault In Our Stars for like the billionth time while eating Chick-fil-a. In the middle of Augustus' pre-funeral in the Literal Heart Of Jesus, someone rings the doorbell.

You take another sip of lemonade before rushing to answer it.

A tall, lean boy with dark messy hair and brown eyes stands before you, his features and smile strangely familiar. He stares at you and takes a deep breath. "Hi," He says nervously, "Um...I'm Shawn, I live down the street. We, um, we go to school together? You're in my biology class."

So that's why he looks so familiar.

"Oh, hello. I'm Diana," You say, smiling.

"I know," He murmurs. He clears his throat and sighs. "Listen, I've been meaning to talk to you for a while now. It's just hard in class with Mrs. T/N yelling at us to shut up all the time, and no time during passing period and whatever."

You raise an eyebrow.

"I've had this huge old-fashion crush on you since, like, 7th grade. And I know it's not the right time or place, but, I was wondering if maybe you would want to spend Valentine's Day together? We don't have to, but, I really like you and I want to get to know you, Diana."

You try to contain your blushing and slowly nod your head yes. "I would love to."

He pulls you outside and you walk down to his house together, where you sit on the couch and watch chick-flicks for hours on end, making fun of each one.

When it got late he disappeared down the hallway and returned with an armful of blankets, and through fits of laughter you struggled to make a fort which ended up being a big pile of sheets that you lay next to him on.

He ordered a pizza for you both to share but you only had like one slice before you left the box sitting on the counter as you and Shawn had a tickle fight.

When it was about 10pm you fell asleep on the floor, next to Shawn, and woke to the smell of coffee and chocolate. Then there was beeping and the smoke alarm went off.

"It's burning!" Shawn yells from the kitchen, and you turn around, watching him struggle to stop the coffee from spilling over the edges of the pot.

You cover your mouth with your palm to contain your laughter until he finally turned the machine off and turns to face you.

"Damnit Diana, thanks for the help."

You laugh and mumble, "You're such a dork."

He grins. "But I'm your dork, now."

A/N

Ayye check out Sanity, my new Shawn fic!

Tweet me what you think of this chapter @aveyxx

and follow me on ig and sc if ya wanna (:

ig: haven.reynolds

sc: haven_reynolds

BEFORE I FORGET, COMMENT YOUR FAV TRACK FROM HANDWRITTEN. MINE IS IMAGINATION. JUST SAYING. K BYE. (: