Little things

I could tell from the begging that Lena wasn't use to any type of affection. I knew she had a rough childhood. Which is why I love getting her things even when she doesn't directly ask me. It's a small gesture but I know it makes her happy.

Like when she's in our home office and randomly whispers that she wants some chips from the store. I'll quietly sneak out of the house and go get it for her.

By the time she comes out of the office, something will most likely be there for her.

What surprised me is that she never questioned it. She always just had a bright smile on her face whenever she saw it.

Today I knew she was upset about something. She didn't want to talk about it which was okay. When she's upset she always wants donuts. I couldn't tell you why. That's just her comfort food I guess.

So when I finally convinced her to take a nap I went out and got them. I knew she wouldn't be asleep for long. She would get up and look for me in about thirty minutes just because she hates sleeping alone.

When I got back she was sitting on the couch watching tv. It was a rare sight because she's always working.

"Thought you were taking a nap" I said walking towards her with the box of donuts. "You know I wasn't going to fall asleep if you weren't there" she said not looking towards me, too invested in whatever was playing on the tv.

"Where did you go" she questioned before I sat next to her. I showed her the box of donuts and she just stared into my eyes. She looked to have a mix of emotions but I couldn't tell what she was feeling. She looked happy and sad at the same time? And excited but upset? I couldn't tell.

"What's wrong? You don't have to eat them if you don't want them. I can go get you something else" I suggested. "No it's not that" she said shaking her head with a small smile. "Then what's wrong. You're making me confused right now" I said with a slight laugh.

"I just love you Y/n. I never understand you sometimes, you know? How do you know what I want all the time" she asked before getting a donut. "Besides from the fact the we've been together for almost two years, you talk to yourself all the time when you're focused. I just listen to you." "I didn't know it was loud enough for other people to hear" she said turning a light shade of pink. "It's okay I think it's cute."

"I love you Y/n." I leaned in and gave her a soft kiss."I love you too."