Come back

Lena irked my soul. I did everything I could to protect her and she just leaves me? Part of me wants to hate her. I want to scream at her and tell her off. But I love her. I love her too much. So I'll let her be.

I just don't understand it. I took three bullets for her. And she just decided to break up with me.

I wouldn't change what I did. I would take a thousand bullets for her.

It angered me when I saw the news articles. She was sleeping around with other women. Some stupid ass little flings.

They couldn't love her like I love her. I want to go and scream at her until she understands how much I love her. I want her to understand how much of a mistake it was.

I just about lost it when I saw her out eating with her most recent fling.

She saw me but wouldn't look in my direction after we made eye contact. I couldn't even finish what I was eating. I paid for my food and left.

I went home and slept the rest of the day away.

After I woke up I went to the kitchen to get something to drink. I turned the lights in my house on and screamed when I saw someone sitting at my counter.

"What the fuck Lena!" I screamed. "I didn't know the right way to talk to you I'm sorry. I literally just got here so I didn't turn the light on I'm sorry. " "How did you even get in here?" "I still have the key. I would've texted but you changed your number." "Yeah because all my 'friends' were really just yours and I didn't want to be connected by anything. I wanted to be on my own, and I still do. So please get out and leave the key."

"Can you just put our problems aside for a second? Supergirl and her team need help on a project and you're the only person I know that can translate this signal we're getting." I scoffed, laughing at the fact of helping her again.

"Why would I do that?" "Because you're not doing this to benefit me. This is about saving people." "Can you just bring me a picture of it tomorrow or something?" "I actually have it on my phone. Here" she said handing me her phone.

I inspected the photo but I couldn't fully read it because Lena got a text from some girl which shifted my focus. Some girl with a fucking heart next to her name. Saying she had fun the other night and wanted to go out again this weekend.

After seeing that my whole mood changed. "I don't know what it says. You should leave" I said handing her the phone back.

"Y/n I know you know what it says. You're the only person I know that can read this language." "Lena just leave. Figure it out yourself" I sighed.

"I really need you to tell me what it says. Can you just tell me? Then you can go back to hating me." "I don't hate you, I hate the way you let our relationship end." "It really isn't what you think it is."

"Then what is it Lena? I took three bullets for you. Three. I was in the hospital for over a month. And don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing about it. I would do it again. What I think is that you realized you don't love me. That's what makes me angry. It makes me angry because I loved -love you so much. I don't hate you. I can't hate you for having feelings Lena. But I hate that I would continuously risk my life for you even though you don't feel the same way." 

"Please just tell me what the photo said" she begged. It broke my heart. She didn't hear anything I just said. I answered her begrudgingly.

"Thank you Y/n" she said moving to leave my place. I wanted to go break down and cry myself to sleep.

She made it to the door but stopped.

She mumbled something under her breath but I couldn't hear her.

"Sorry?" "I love you" she said turning around. I just started at her. "I don't want to see you hurt again. I can't see you in that state again" she continued. "So your solution is sleeping around?" "I'm not even sleeping around I'm just going to lunch and dinner. It's the only thing I can do. I'll never have a connection with someone like I do with you. Despite what you think, I love you Y/n. I'm completely in love with you, but I can't let you get hurt because of me again."

"Lena it kills me every time I see you with someone else. Regardless if it means nothing to you, someone is filling the role that I had, that I want. Why can't we just be together? There's always going to be worries Lena. I can train in self defense or something. I will do whatever as long as I can be with you." She shook her head no while her eyes started tearing up.

"I literally thought my life was over when I saw you in the hospital. I've never in my life have been more mad and upset at myself that I couldn't do anything to stop you from what you did. You could've died. You were in a coma because you decided to take those bullets for me. Sitting there and waiting for you to wake up was one of the hardest times ever for me. I don't want to ever be the reason you get hurt again. I won't be able to take it."

"Lena you hurt me every time I see you with someone else. I love you Lena. I will risk my life for you even if we're together or not. There's no reason we can't be together. I get your fears and I will do what I can to make sure I know self defense. I just want us to be together" I said walking closer to her. "We can't be public. It needs to stay a secret this time. And anytime you feel unsafe I need you to call me, regardless of what I said I was doing that day."

"Okay that's fine. Can you stay? Please?" "It's gonna be really hard to get rid of me now" she said pulling
me closer to her. "I don't want to get rid of you."