Pregnancy

Katie was carrying out beautiful baby girl and I loved it.

I loved reading her stories at night.

In the beginning of the pregnancy Katie had made it clear that she wanted me to read stories at night.

I would lay right above her baby bump and read Katie's favorite books. Katie always fell asleep but I knew the baby loved it. She always kicked when I was reading.

I loved talking to her when Katie was asleep.

This started because I couldn't fall asleep and I couldn't bring myself to wake Katie up.  

"Hey sweet girl" I whispered to her stomach. I I rubbed my hand on her stomach feeling the baby kick. "I can't fall asleep and I didn't wanna wake your mom up. I can't wait until your born I got you the cutest little outfits ever. There's not gonna be a single baby that looks better than you. And don't tell your mom but I know she wanted this specific crib for you and it was hard to get but I got it. She's gonna be really happy about that." I continued talking to her soon falling asleep. Soon it became a routine to talk to her. Every time I couldn't fall asleep I was talking to our daughter.

I loved having my hands on Katie's bump.

When she was with her friends my hands were on her. When we were out my hands were on her. When we were at home my hands were on her. I loved how she looked pregnant carrying our baby.

Most importantly Katie loved when I rubbed her stomach, unless she was tired.

Like when she had a came back from her friends house and just wanted to lay down. My hand instinctively went to her stomach when she crawled into bed next to me.

"Y/n I love you but I need you not to do that right now. You're making the baby go crazy. She gets too excited when she knows it's you" she chuckled tiredly. "I'm sorry I didn't know. She wasn't kicking me" I said taking my hand off her stomach. "When you rub my stomach like that she flips and turns she doesn't kick." "I'm sorry. Why didn't you tell me sooner?" "Cause it doesn't bother me. Im just really tired tonight. Can you put that movie on that we watched the other day?" "Of course. Do you want anything else?" "No."

Katie adjusted herself so she was now laying in my arms while I scrolled to find the movie she wanted.

The thing I loved most was when she gave birth to our beautiful daughter.

I've never seen something so beautiful. The image of Katie holding our newborn will never leave my mind. My daughter. Our daughter. She was beautiful. I couldn't explain the love I held for both of them. I've never loved anything or anyone more than I love my daughter and Katie.