Estranged

Kids POV:
I was fifteen when my parents separated. The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure they're still married. I never really ask about their relationship because it's always something complicated with them. When they initially split up I remember the toll it took on both of them.

I stayed with my mom through the week and stayed at my other moms on the weekends. It always worked out because my mom always worked much. She was always at the office so it was just better for me to go on the weekends. And she always made time for me.

I know they couldn't stand each other but they always pretended to when it came to me. If I had a game, they were both there supporting.

I graduated this year. I was excited but scared to go to college and move away from my parents.

Recently something has been happening between them. I don't know what it is. When I graduated they wouldn't even look at each other. They only looked genuinely happy when I got pictures with them.

It was now time to move into college and we were all in the same car. I was afraid of the ride back for them.

I could tell they were acting fake. They were dealing with each other to make me happy. I'm just hoping that they talk on the ride back.

Your POV:
I never wanted our daughter in between mine and Lena's relationship. I know she notices everything going on.

Lena and I had split because I was sick of feeling like a second choice. She was always there for our daughter don't get me wrong. But when it came to things that had to do with me, she tended to forget. I told her about it numerous times and it hasn't changed.

That's what caused us to split up. I'll always love her but I couldn't keep being forgotten about.

It started out with being a break. That's what it was supposed to be. And then a month turned into a year. And then a year into three years. The good thing is that we never divorced. I always expected to see divorce papers in the mail, or for our daughter to to come back to me and tell me that Lena was with someone else but it never happened.

The sad part was that I couldn't ever get over her. Well was it really sad? I promised I would love her forever, and I do. It kills me every time I look at our daughter. She acts so much like Lena. She looks so much like Lena.

Our daughter was now going to college and Lena and I weren't on the best terms.

Lena has been mad at me since she found out that I was talking to someone. It's not like I intended to start a relationship with the girl. I just liked the attention. I liked that someone cared enough to check on me. It was a nice distraction.

But now we had to move our daughter in to her college dorm and the ride back was going to be awkward.

I drug my feet carrying the stuff into her dorm. The drive up was fine but the ride back was going to be a problem. It was an over five hour drive with just Lena and I.

But of course it didn't take that long for us to move her in.

"Are you all settled? Are you sure you don't need anything else? I can run to a store and grab you some things" I asked placing the last box down. "I'm fine. You guys should head home it's late and it's gonna be a long drive. I'll let you know if I need anything. Thank you guys for helping me move in" she said hugging Lena and I. "Okay. Please call us if you need anything, or just to talk" Lena said kissing her forehead. "I will. I love you but please get going or else you guys won't get back until like two in the morning" she said chuckling.

We said our final goodbyes and we were on the road.

When we got in the car it was awkwardly silent. I tried to avoid looking at her but it was hard. This was going to be a long ride.