32

1 month later 

today was the day for us to find out the gender of the baby, we were so excited.

dabi though still wasn't trusting on mai, he would force her to be blindfolded when he drove her out here and to add on top of it she wasn't allowed to drive out here by herself.

so hawks wasn't able to find out, she told him she was working when she'd come over and didn't question it because he had no clue over her coming here and her also being in contact with me.

anyways today was the day that dabi and i would find out the gender of our child, we were so excited.

i was hoping for a boy he on the other hand wanted a daughter so he could raise her to be the strongest just like theyre mother aka the one and only y/n!

a/n- TAKE UR GUESSES OF THE GENDER NOW!! (even tho gender is a social construct LOL okay bye!)

i decided to let mai come as she was the only family i had left, so i wanted her to be there.

i put on some clothing and shoes, dabi was doing the same.

"are you nervous?" i asked while looking over at him.

"regardless of the gender i'm just hoping for a healthy baby." he said back.

"i see, well to bad it's going to be healthy baby boy." i said with a smirk.

"yeah yeah shortcake it's going to be a strong ass girl."

"you think so huh?"  i giggled

"i know so." he laughed back.

we walked out the room and saw mai sitting on the couch, "are you guys ready?" she asked.

"we are, even though dabi doesn't know it's a boy."

"it's a girl." he said back.

"yeah it's going to be a girl." mai agreed with dabi.

"gosh why does everyone think it's going to be a girl!"

"father knows best." dabi remarked.

"and aunt!" mai added on.

"well mother knows best and it's going to be a boy."

we all got into the van and began driving.

"so do i really i have to wear this fucking blindfold."

"yes you do." dabi muttered.

"sorry mai we can't risk anything right now."

"understandable." she muttered back.

once we arrived mai hopped out the van and dabi came to the side lending me a hand out of the van.

"wow what a gentleman." i giggled with a smile.

"only in the ways that matter." dabi winked.

"ew." mai muttered.