The Start of the Story

" Ah, what a beautiful day in Naples, Italy, "

There were few clouds in the sky, and the sun was shining down on the city, making the city shine. The wind felt crisp and cool as it blew past your figure. You were walking down the streets of Italy, taking a stroll. You finally had a break today from schoolwork, and you decided to take a walk.

   ' It's never a bad day here in Italy. Even when it's raining the city is beautiful. '

People crowded the streets, but you felt safe, even though Italy had the most drug trafficking problem globally, and there was lots of mafia trouble. Italy is a beautiful place, but behind the exterior, there's deception. People bribed cops to say nothing against their illegal actions. Thieves littered the streets like pennies. If you lived in Italy long enough, you learn how to protect yourself without paying off the cops. As you walked through one busy street, you felt someone dig into your pocket to take your wallet. You smirked and let them take your wallet. You stopped walking and turned, spotting your wallet in the hands of someone walking away from you. The streets cleared quickly, as the man had stopped and opened your wallet. You watched him, still smirking.

   " Huh!? "

You held in your laugh when the culprit turned towards you, looking at you questioningly.

   " What? You didn't think I knew I would get my wallet stolen today? "

The man clutched the monopoly money in his hand, and he laughed. He set the bills into the wallet and tossed it back to you.

   " You're good Ms. Y/n. I thought I could get your wallet this time. "

   " Sorry, to disappoint. You know no one has ever been able to steal from me, before. What makes you think you can steal from me this time? "

   " You do have your wallet on you, don't you? Or are you just playing? "

   " I have my wallet on me. But I also have my fake wallet in case. Good try though, but I could tell you were stealing from me. I felt your fingers slip into my pocket. "

   " Thanks for the advice, Ms. Y/n. Have a good day. "

   " You, too Giuseppe. "

   " Ah, you know you can call me by my first name. You've already gained enough respect from me to call me by my first name. Especially since you remember. "

   " Alright, Quintino. Head on now. "

Quintino Giuseppe walked away, still smiling. You continued to step forward and away from the thief. You were one of the lucky people that knew every trick in the book, and you could defend yourself from thieves and those alike. One trick you liked to use was the fake wallet trick. You would put a fake wallet on your person in obvious places, where thieves would try and snatch your wallet, but instead, they would steal a wallet filled with monopoly money. But you never turned the thief into the cops or tried to harm them in attempting to steal from you. You thought it was funny how they would try to steal from you, but they failed. You found their reaction to the fake money hilarious. This was how you gained respect from the mafia and those all over Italy. You remained neutral to the affairs of the mafia, but if anyone asked you for help, you wouldn't think twice, and you would help them. Thieves found it fun to try and steal from you because no one had ever done so, ever since you gained respect from the mafia and those alike.

   ' I'm glad to have you Book Keeper. '

You looked towards your hand to see a familiar translucent blue book that rested in your dominant hand. The book was open and turned to a specific page, and on the page was a picture of Quintino Giuseppe and his information, updated upon making contact with him. You closed the book, and the book disappeared from your eyes without a trace. This was part of your stand; Book Keeper.