Healing and Promises

The wind blew through the safe house gently, blowing the curtains gently. The sun was high in the sky, shining through the house where Bucciarati's group resided. Trish sat in her private room on top of a dresser looking out of the window behind her at the birds outside. Her eyes moved to scan the room before landing on the only person she, herself, asked to watch over her.

   ' How can she sleep like that? '

You were sitting on a chair, backward, with your arms resting on the top railing of the chair and your head lying sideways in your arms. She didn't want you to sleep like that, but when she had gotten to her room, you had gone inside with her and sat down.

   " I'm going to sit here, if you need anything let me know. " You had told her.

You sat in that chair all night, reading your stand's translucent book while keeping watch. Unknowingly you fell asleep in the early hours of the morning, and she didn't want to disturb you. But the silence was defining and how you slept in an uncomfortable position made her cringe at how a person's bones would ache and crack when awaking. Trish stood up from the dresser and walked to her bedroom door. She cracked the door open, and Bucciarati and Mista looked at the woman peeking her head out of the bedroom. Trish's eyes glanced between them, and she heard Fugo downstairs yelling at Narancia.

   " Narancia. Listen well. That's a list of all the groceries and whatever you need to buy. Here's the car key. Narancia, you can do this. You'll get the job done safely. " Fugo said, leaning down to Narancia's level. "

   " Yes! "

   " Listen, the only one who knows that there are people in this hideout is the winegrape farmer in front of us. When you're finished shopping, drive around and around the same road a few times. Do a U-turn from time to time. Make sure no one is tailing you. And as a precaution, I have another car parked somewhere in town in case you need to switch cars. "

   " What is it, Trish? " Bucciarati asked, stepping forward.

Trish's attention went towards the new capo, and she opened her door wider, revealing your sleeping form on the chair. Bucciarati looked at your sleeping form and watched your back rise and fall a little from your calm breathing. He realized you probably had stayed up from Abbacchio's threat he had given you yesterday and didn't sleep.

   " She personally wants you to protect her so, don't take your eyes off of her, and stay alert, you brat. If you don't, I'm going to beat you to the ground. "

Abbacchio's words rang in Bucciarati's head as he remembered the threat. But, though you showed Abbacchio no fear, you still stayed awake.

   " Could you move her to the bed? "

Bucciarati nodded and stepped through the door. Trish stayed by the door as she watched Bruno pull the chair further from the wall. Then, he kneeled beside the chair and placed one arm behind your back. His hand gently laid on your shoulder, pulling your body to lay in his arm. He slid you out of the chair and stood up. Your head rolled to lay against his chest, but he didn't mind. Bucciarati walked to the bed and set your body on top of the sheets. Finally, he removed your shoes and put them on the floor so that you would be a bit more comfortable on the bed. Though he was disappointed that you fell asleep, he was slightly happy you could find some time to rest because he knew the next few hours, possibly days, would be difficult. He turned back to Trish, and she slightly nodded at him. Bucciarati left the room and shut the door behind him, neither exchanging words. Trish walked to the bed and sat beside your body on top of the sheets. She brought her knees to her chest and looked back out of the window as you slept beside her and as Narancia pulled the car out of the vineyard. It was an hour after Narancia left that you started to wake up. You slowly opened your eyes and realized that you were not in the chair you were sitting in last night. You sat up and rubbed your eyes from sleep. You looked around the room quickly before your eyes landed on Trish. She was looking at you, and her eyes were blank.