J U J U S A N P O # 1

"Everyone, I'm back! Did you miss me?!"

Bursting into the classroom in the early afternoon, Gojo Sensei waltzed in dramatically as he spun around with flare. Unimpressed, the five students watched from their seats, unflinching.

"Geh—

"What do you mean 'Geh'?! I even brought souvenirs, you ungrateful lot," Gojo snapped, clearly upset about the lack of interest shown for his return after being gone for nearly a week. He pranced around the room happily as he placed a plump round confection on each of their desks.

Many gave the strange object blank stares as they were confused for what it could possibly be. However, to much surprise, Haku's eyes lit up brilliantly and their jaw dropped in disbelief. Quickly, they took the sweet in their hands as their gaze bounced between staring at the object in awe and at Gojo Sensei.

This was the reaction Gojo had been anticipating as he broke out into a wide grin rushing over to Haku as he cooed, "Look at my little Kohakuchan! So cute! Why can't you all be like that?!"

Everyone's heads whipped to the far right and they too could not believe their eyes. All were more shocked to see the genuine glow of happiness on Haku's face rather than the sweet before them. Maki raised a finger to shakily point, "I... I didn't think it was possible..."

"Kohaku, do you like sweets?" Yuta asked softly from the seat next to Haku.

Haku nodded eagerly, like a puppy with too much excitement. Gojo chuckled as he walked back to take his place at the front of the classroom, clearly smitten with himself, "It's kikufuku from Sendai in the Miyagi Prefecture. In other words: Kohakuchan's hometown."

"Huh?!"

A chorus of confused students gasped, averting their gaze back to Haku who only looked at Gojo Senpai with longing eyes; practically begging for permission to eat the sweet that continued to taunt them in their hands.

"Kohaku is from Sendai?! That's so far away!" Panda gasped with a sorrowful tone that Haku had been taken so far from home to be here now.

Yuta raised his hand slightly, still watching Haku's desperate look of wanting to eat the sweet very badly, "Sensei... Can Kohaku eat the present you brought?"

"But it's so cute seeing this look on Kohakuchan's face!" Gojo whined as he pouted a bit, but Yuta gave him a look that caused him to ease up slightly, "Alright, go ahead, eat."

Without wasting a single second, Kohaku unwrapped the confection excitedly and took a big bite. The student happily swayed from side to side at they continued eating. No one else present in the room dared to move a muscle should they disturb Haku's happiness. They all watched, unable to take their eyes away from the once in a lifetime show. Haku was so preoccupied with the sweet, they didn't seem to notice or care. To them, all that mattered was the taste of home.

"We should take a picture," Panda whispered, pulling out his phone.

Unfortunately, just as Panda was ready and in position, Haku had taken the last bite. In time with finishing the sweet, their expression had also returned to normal. The fleeting moment of happiness had ended, and with it everyone also became gloomier as well. No one else was in the mood to enjoy their sweet any more now that Haku wasn't happy like before.

☁︎ ┆ A U T H O R' S N O T E
juju sanpo's occur in no particular place in the timeline of the story. much like the extra manga chapters or end-scene credits from the anime, they are purely just fun short stories introduced for lighthearted, entertainment purposes. however, i will make them in a way that doesn't disrupt the main plot.

i hope you enjoy them, thank you for your support on this book thus far!