Chapter 33: The Wind Rises

Behind the scenes, in the blind eye of all, a sinister meeting to advance the treachery of the world's balance was taking place in the shadows. It was there, deep in the underground beneath the city of Tokyo in the forgotten hollows of wars' past that a group had banded together united in the pursuit of a single goal: reformity on a large scale. Continuing in the vision despite a setback of the previous year, with allies of formidable power and intelligence, Geto happily sat in his seat watching as a dart whizzed past his line of sight and struck the board dead in the center; a bullseye.

        "So bored," Mahito groaned, twirling a dart between his fingers, "when are we going to have some real fun around here?"

         Geto gave his famous sly grin that caused his eyes to thin to mere lines, "Patience Mahito. War is a long-term effort." He glanced down the hall towards the shadows of the tunnel, the only way inside their base. "Besides, our guest of honor should be arriving any moment now with news as to how things are proceeding on the outside."

         On cue, in the distance it could be heard: the tandem beat of two sets of footsteps making their way down the corridor. Geto interlaced his fingers as he kept his sights keen in that direction, ready to welcome the visitors to his chamber. Even Mahito noticed Geto's change in posture when he sat up, it caused him to also intently watch for anything out of the ordinary.

         The footsteps were growing louder and soon two approaching shadows were visible in the tunnel. A gargantuanly sized figure next to the figure of a dwarf's in comparison. Arrived, stepping into the dingy light, Hamani emerged walking with a mysterious cloaked figure that raised no alarm to Geto; he had been waiting expectantly. Mahito was a different story, he cautiously did not let the unfamiliar guest out of his sight.

         "You've returned," Geto warmly greeted, "please take a seat," he said as he gestured around the room.

         Present for the two's reception, not many occupied the room. Unmentioned Jogo, who had been abnormally silent since his crushing defeat in the battle on Osorezan against acclaimed Jujutsu prophecy: Haku. Still reduced to only a mere head, rehabilitating his cursed energy to heal and regenerate his full body, he has been unable to leave the confines of their base. Mahito heeded Geto's words and remained silent out of patience, but even that was beginning to wear thin in his naivety to the situation.

        In expectation, two unoccupied seats had been prepared and Hanami moved first to take a seat beside Jogo's head. The hooded figure shrouded in mystery took a seat opposite of Geto, only once seated did they remove their cloak revealing their identity to all present. Even if it didn't do much for Mahito or Jogo, they at least had a face for the new guest of the room.

         Geto leisurely reclined back, allowing himself to relax as his gaze bore into their visitor, "I leave the proceedings to you, Jujutsu Councilwoman Yubaba. Enlighten us with how things are going to plan."

         "I must say, that was quite a stupid move on your part, appearing on Osorezan so hastily like that," Yubaba scolded, crossing her arms defensively not approving the matter.

         Geto gestured with a hand to Jogo's direction, "It wasn't in my best interest. If you're looking for someone to blame, I'm afraid it was this idiot's flawed judgement."

         "Hey! You practically provoked me to go after that brat!" Jogo yelled. His eyes narrowed, "Saying that kid's stronger than me. Never in a million years!"

         "You would've died if Hanami didn't save your ass Jogo. Be quiet, I have no use for stupid curses."

         Yubaba didn't even so much as spare a glance Jogo's way, her eyes were glued to Geto, "You realize the Council will need to actively get involved in the investigation of what happened. It seems you successfully pissed off Satoru too." She clicked her tongue and shook her head, "not smart."