08. you made me realize so much, and for that I'm grateful

note : so yeah, last chapters' ending was an April's fool. sorry y'all, have a quick sketch I made of Mirabel. the lighting isn't it and it's rushed, but whatever.

If you're reading this, then I must have already changed the previous chapter

If you're reading this, then I must have already changed the previous chapter. I suggest you swipe up to read the real ending :D

enjoy this chapter!
___

"You look lovely." Mirabel giggles, watching you spin around to try out the skirt she just lend you. She had insisted you came to Casita to change, and also eat a few of her mom's arepas. You couldn't say no to this.

"This skirt is so pretty." You say, the soft fabric of the cloth brushing against your legs as you move around. "Are you sure you're okay with lending it to me ? It might not survive until tomorrow, with the passion my sisters seem to have with ruining my clothes."

"Oh, it's okay. I can just make another one."

"... You made this skirt ? With all the embroidery details and everything ?"

She nods. "Yeah, why ?"

"Because it's fucking amazing ! Mirabel, I didn't know you could sew !"

"You... Just cursed."

"Oh, sorry. Is it not okay with you ?"

"Oh no, it's not that." She shakes her head with a small laugh. "It's just that I wonder whether Dolores heard that.

You suddenly hear light, quickly paced footsteps outside the nursery Mirabel and Antonio were staying in. The five years old was not here, of course, you wouldn't dare to swear before him.

"I did hear that." Dolores Madrigal opens the door to inform you of your exposure. "Don't worry, I won't tell Abuela... Mmh !" She squeaks before closing the door quietly.

"Nice to meet you !" You say through the door, now knowing she can hear you just fine. You can hear a small 'Pleasure returned' and the same footsteps getting away from the nursery. "She seems very nice." You turn to Mirabel, who surprisingly looked quite nervous.

"Oh, she is. But did you never talk to her in town ? I thought everyone had already met my family."

"I saw her a few times, but I never really needed her gift. She helped my parents find my sister Esme a few times, though, but I had to stay home to watch the twins. They can't be left home alone without setting something on fire."

"Wow. That's rather... Extreme."

"We're an extreme sisterhood. We got that from our dad. Did you know for Esme's eight birthday, he tried to rent a monkey without knowing she hated them, and she got so scared she wouldn't leave the house. The monkey ate her cake, almost bit a few people, and then escaped. I still feel sorry to Luisa who had to carry him back to its field. Anyway, this often happens in my family."