27. I can't remember

"Please, just, Isabela wasn't happy, and-"

Isabela wasn't happy ? You and Luisa approach Mirabel's sister, now covered in colorful powder and rocking the blue dress and messy hair style. She looked down in guilt as her Abuela yelled at her sister.

"Of course she isn't happy, you ruined her proposal-"

"No, no, she needed me to ruin ruin her proposal, and then we did all of this and the candle burned brighter and the cracks-"

"Mirabel-"

Why doesn't anyone let the other speak ? Let's start with Abuela shutting up for once.

"That's why I'm in the vision, I'm saving the miracle !"

"You have to stop, Mirabel !"

As Luisa scoffs, surprised by her grandmother's vehemence, Mirabel turns to see where that noise came from. Her eyes meets yours, and you silently communicate during the few seconds she looks at you.

"Need me to beat her up ? I reckon I can take her in a fight."

"Nah, don't intervene or she'll hate you."

"Why should I care ?"

"(Y/n)-"

"Don't ya worry, I know it's a family matter. I'll stay there, death glaring people. Especially your Abuela. I got your back, girl."

"Okeh."

And then she turned back, her grandmother starting to talk again. The house was shaking a bit, and you were wondering whether Mirabel and Isabela really hugged, like you had assumed.

"The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luida's losing her powers, Isabela's out of control because of you. I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family !"

Your heart breaks at the same time the floor underneath your feet does. Cracks emerge here and there, the more Alma speaks. You realize it didn't matter if Mirabel and Isabela really hugged or not, the matter with the fading magic was the breaking family, just like Bruno had said. And Alma was just doing that, right now.

"I will never be good enough for you, will I ? No matter how hard I try." Mirabel murmurs, and you refrain yourself from jumping in and telling her grandmother to fuck off. After all, the whole family was now here, watching, and they didn't seem to want to intervene. And if it wasn't their wish, then you had no right to do it.

Mirabel looks at them, desperate for her Abuela to listen. "No matter any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough, Isabela won't be perfect enough... Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in it-"

"Bruno didn't care about this family !"

About Bruno... Was he still in the walls ? Couldn't he, like, patch up the crack really fast like he did on the ceremony night, resulting in nobody believing you ? Because the situation was alarming. Casita might just be on the verge of collapsing, but, oh well.

"He loves this family, I love this family ! We all love this family ! You're the one that doesn't care ! You're the one breaking our home !"