37. your typical Saturday

"(Y/n) ! You're gonna be late !"

You jolt awake, completely panicked.

"Oh, dang it !"

You hurry into your outfit of the day, taking a few seconds to brush your hair, not arranging anything, before rushing downstairs. It was a Saturday, indeed, and it was 8PM. But you had to accompany Mirabel to your mother's workshop, where she was working on Saturdays, mostly for fun.

Esme hands you a toast as you rush past her in the living room, thanking her before slipping into your shoes. She had grown up well in the last two years, and now took care of the twins every Saturday. Sol and Rita also got more mature, now that they were nine, but were still quite annoying when they wanted to. Luckily, hanging out with Antonio and Juancho, who were younger than them, made them realize how much responsibility had weighed on your shoulders all that time.

You quickly shake your father up, who, once again, had fallen asleep in the living room while painting his new creation. He had moved his working zone in a place he could see his family evolve in, and was now very much more involved into your lives. His atelier was made into a bedroom for Esme, who also needed her own space. You were jealous for a few weeks when you learned her room would be bigger than yours, but decided to be happy with your own, in which you had grown up for years, despite not remembering it all.

"I'm heading off, Papí. Have fun today, niñas !" You quickly kiss your sisters goodbye, grab your bag, and run out of the house, to the Madrigals'.

"Hey, (Y/n) !" Óscar waves to you from his window when he sees you pass by in the street. You salute sternly before running off again, almost bumping into Dolores and Mariano exiting the house. The Madrigal must have spent the night at the Guzmáns'.

"Good morning, (Y/n) !" Luisa greets you as she carries her new donkey to the pasture. As they kept escaping, the owner decided to offer them to Luisa, who gladly agreed and immediately built better fences that actually kept the donkeys inside. This gave her more time to do what she wanted, and you were glad.

"Hey, Luisa ! You gonna visit the drawing class this afternoon, as usual ?" You send her finger guns, which she returns with her free hand.

"Yup. Keep a place for me !"

"Sure will !"

A small rainbow appears above your head when you reach the casa Madrigal, and you look up to see Pepa by her window. She waves at you with a smile, before going back inside to her occupations.

You make sure your hair isn't too much of a mess and straighten your skirt before getting ready to knock on the door, but Casita opens the door for you.

Mirabel is already standing on the other side, as surprised as you. For a moment, everything around you fades away, and you take in her beautiful features, as you always do when you see her.

Her hair had slightly grown in the past two years, and she generally smiled a lot more, but overall nothing else changed. The same chestnut eyes, dark curls and, of course, cool green glasses.

"Hi." You breathe out, still panting for air from all that running.

"Hey." She says on the same tone, before timidly taking your hand. "You look pretty, as always."

"Of course." You say after snapping out of your trance. "You do, too."

As you head off, you hear Félix scream from inside :

"Aye, lovebirds ! (Y/n), we'll have you for dinner."

"Alright, Tío ! See you !"

"Félix, don't keep then from going ! They're already late." You hear Pepa scold him, but don't pay too much attention as you both realize she's right.