Phase One

(Image belongs to flockelnc)

I woke up to a bucket of cold water splashed on my face and those same green eyes staring down at me.

"Whatha heck! Couldn't you just shake me awake? I questioned him angrily.

He responded by throwing some more water at me.

At that point, I was ready to lunge at him, but I knew it wouldn't have caused any sort of body damage.

"I felt that you needed to cool down. You were cursing me out in your sleep and it seems like your still heated up. Maybe I should get more water."He said.

"No!" I screamed. "I am perfectly fine. I mean, what kind of person gets mad at someone who kidnaps them and throws water at their face?" I replied sarcastically .

"A crazy person would get mad at their kidnapper because with anger comes disrespect and if you disrespect them, they might just harm you. The best thing to do is not to cross them." He said with a serious tone. " Here is some food. Eat this before the rats beat you to it." And with that he left the cellar.

"I thought he said my punishment was to starve," I grumbled in my head.

_________________________________

Think Annabeth Think! I scolded myself. Many hours past, but I still wasn't able to think of a plan. I looked between the bars of the cellar hoping for an inspiration. The outside of my prison was dark and damp with noises of women and men yelling orders and keys shaking. It all mocked me. They were free while I was stuck in here. Those keys were practically calling for me to get them, but they were out of my reach. I couldn't escape without them.If only there was a way to get It. My train of thought was interrupted as some guards came to take their shift. They walked over to a spot next to my cell and started flirting with me. Their keys rattled with every step, with every word. A smile slowly crept among my face.

I finally thought of a plan to escape and all I had to do was play along . Time for phase one.

"AHHH!" I screamed as I pretended to trip and fall."I'm getting so weak. Dehydration is capturing me and I have nobody to help me. Only if there was a strong man to refill my water bucket." I coughed for an extra effect.

They all instantly ran inside my cell, but only one of them was able to reach my water bucket. He grabbed it and quickly ran out to refill it. The others looked defeated.

When he got the job done, I thanked him with a hug and grabbed the bucket, but not without quietly grabbing the keys at his side.

Phase one was complete