Stolen Secrets, Stolen Kisses

There was only one week left until we reached land. The excitement showed through the crewmate's expression. To celebrate, our oh so generous captain allowed for a festival to be placed on the ship. Even though I was thrilled with the fact of us being on land, the main reason I wanted the party to go on was so I could look for the guy who placed the towel in my room, the towel that contained the note. 

Arnold, I remembered. That was his name. 

I decided to get a head start by talking to people setting up the decorations. I walked to the first person I saw.

"Hey, do you need any help Mr. _?," I paused hoping he would fill me in on his name

"Smith"

"Is that your last name?"

"Yep," he replied. "Just so you know, my father has the same last name as me. Shocking right?" He winked at me and proceeded to climb a ladder.

I felt the sudden urge to grab the ladder and shake it, hoping to cause some kind of injury. He was mocking me. I was just some dumb blonde girl to him. I shook my irritation and focused on my goal. I had to find out if this guy's first name was Arnold.

A smile covered the anger on my face as I looked back up at him. A smile was given in return. He gestured for me get another ladder and I did. As I reached the very top of it, I helped him place a golden banner on the ships walls. My main intention was to make small talk with him, but apparently, it wasn't his intention. He settled a little closer towards me as each minute went by. It started to become uncomfortable. It got even worse when he decided to cover his hands on mines when I began to place a nail on the wall. I jerked back in response, but he refused to let go. 

"Unhand me" 

He didn't

"I said, let go of me"

He only gave me a sinister smile in response.

At this point, I became very nervous and scared. I made a big mistake talking to him. Who knew he was going to turn out like this. In the beginning, I assumed he was mocking me, but now I realize he was actually flirting. This 30-year-old was flirting with me, a 20-year-old.

I made one more final attempt to get out of his hold and tried pushing him away. He wasn't affected be this at all. He swayed back a little but quickly regained control. I,on the other hand, was about to face a deadly injury. My ladder started tilting like the hand of a clock. The ground below came closer and closer. I was falling and there was nothing I could do about it. I squeeze my eyes shut, preparing my body for the pain I was about to receive. I felt a thud as two pairs of arms cupped around me. My breathing slowed as I realized that someone had caught me. I opened my eyes and looked into his green ones. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around his neck in a hug. I felt his sharp jaw next to my cheek. A feeling of security hung over me. 

"Mrs. Jackson are you alright"

I didn't reply to Smith, instead, I clutched Percy tighter. I didn't want to see that person ever again. He had mistreated me.

Percy must have noticed this because he spoke in a deadly voice. 

"What did you do?"

Smith gulped and went on to tell a lie.

"She leaned too much to the side of the ladder and when she began to fall I tried to grab her hand, but she pushed me away"

Percy put me down, but I still kept my arms around his neck. 

"I'm going to ask again. What did you do?"

"She tried to get off the ladder, but she_"

I didn't let him finish. "He kept getting closer to me then he grabbed my hands and he didn't let go. He kept pulling me closer even when I told him to stop. I tried pushing him away, but that only caused me to fall" I sobbed. Anxiety filled me as I remember falling to the ground.