My Dangerous Admirer

My heartbeat increased so did my breathing. I tried to scream, but my tongue felt heavy in my mouth. In fact, my whole head felt heavy. It was becoming increasingly hard to keep it up. Unintentionally, my head fell against the man's chest with a thud. That's when I noticed a sweet scent coming from his suit. The more I breathed it in, the more my mind started to spin. My entire body lost its strength, but the man's hold around my waist kept me up. My eyes widened in fear. I felt as if I was in one of those dreams where you could not move or wake up; all you could do was stay there and face the horrors coming at you. 

           Although I had lost all strength in my body, my senses remained unharmed. I felt him press his lips to my cheek and mutter something that sounded like "αρραβωνιαστικός,"  my fiance. I stared back in confusion, anxiety streaming through my body. He smiled at my expression and placed something on my finger. I didn't have to look to know what it was. The engagement ring's cold metal pierced my skin. A lump formed in my throat. I needed to get away from this man right now. 

      Fortunately, I did. A man from behind grabbed my hand. "I'll take it from here." Arnold smiled a willing passed me to the other man. As soon as I left his arms, my body regained its strength. I was able to move and talk. I pushed myself from the man in front of me and turned back, looking for the boy who called himself Arnold. He was no longer in sight. The lump in my throat grew in size. Even though I couldn't see him, I felt as if someone was watching me. 

     I ran across the deck but kept my eyes glued to the spot where Arnold once stood. My face smashed into something hard and smooth. The refreshing smell of the sea rejuvenated me. I threw my arms around him and buried my face in his chest. Percy's breathing was heavy, he must have been angry, but it gradually slowed as he saw my expression. He looked confused and concerned, then his face hardened. He arms were around me in a second and he pulled me to a more quiet area. 

"What happened?"

I was crying so much that it was hard to stop and answer him. 

"Nancy, go get her some water" he commanded. 

I clutched his shirt so hard, I felt as if I was going to rip it, but that was the least of my concerns.  

Percy rubbed small circles into my back. 

"Did someone misbehave with you?"

As soon as I nodded my head yes, the ship stopped moving as Percy's body became tense. 

"Jason, go get every man out there and put them in the cellar, they will be questioned." Percy's was deadly calm. His green eyes glowed in vengeance. The color darkened in his eyes. 

I felt a glass cup being brought to my lips. I wrapped my hands around it but froze when I heard a clinking sound of a ring hitting glass. I brought my hand toward my face and stared at the ring. Percy must have saw it too. He grabbed my finger and analyzed the ring, his face becoming more menacing. I felt him grab at it, trying to pull it off, but it stubbornly remained there. I stared at him in horror. I noticed that it was attached to my skin. 

He cupped my face and forced me to look right at him.

"Who did this"

"Arnold" My voice came out in a whisper.

A crooked smile appeared on Percy's face. As long as I had known him, I had never seen him look so threatening. He moved my head towards his chest and wrapped his arms around me once more. I relaxed against him. 

"So that's what he has come for," Percy whispered in a menacing voice. "He was coming to steal you_from me."

I heard him laugh quietly to himself. 

"Oh Annabeth, I promise to you he will suffer."

The thought of what Percy would do to that man once he found him was unnerving, but I didn't care. I was glad to be in the arms of my husband and not the man named Arnold.