Please let me go

Annabeth's Pov

Well im just going to continue with the story. Tell me if you like, love, or hate this chapter.

(3 hours later)

With shaking knees Annabeth walked down a long dark corridor of the palace, obviously scared of seeing two pairs of savage green eyes appear though the dark, when all of a sudden she felt something warm drip on her face. In a swift motion, she quickly lighted a candle to see what had dropped on her.

The moment Annabeth looked up, she let out a horrified scream. Her eyes stared into the dead ones of her friend Piper. Piper was strapped to the ceiling with a bloody hole through her chest. What did Annabeth do about it? She did nothing. Annabeth froze there; unable to think and unable to move. She eventually shifted when she heard a voice behind her.

"It's such a shame she had to die. I warned her to mind her own business, but nonetheless, she still got in my way. If only she listened, then she would have been alive right now" a mysterious man said with fake pity.

The man came out from the dark with a evil smile on his face. His arm were muscular and coated with tanned skin. He had a mop of untamed hair on his head and bright green orbs on his face. Immediately Annabeth recognized those eyes.

" Y_yyou're the person who watched me through the window" Annabeth said.

The mysterious man's smile spread even wider. "Indeed, I am that person. If only you listened to your instincts instead of trusting your foolish friend, then you probably would not be in this situation right now."

Instead of replying back, Annabeth ran for it, but she didn't get too far. The mysterious man lunged towards Annabeth. He locked one arm around her waist and used the other to place a drug filled napkin on her nose. He laughed as she tried to loosen his grip around her waist.

While struggling, Annabeth started to feel light headed. She was loosing consciousness.

" Please let me go..."