Trust Your Instincts

I know. I know this is an extremely late update. Sorry! I had to take a 1 month break from essays and writing in general because school made me so exhausted. But I will be updating every week for now on!

I stared into the palace, it was beautiful, but something wasn't right about it. I still felt that nagging feeling that someone was watching me constantly; It never went away. I had no choice, but to go inside. Everything looked so ancient and fragile, but I learned that looks can be deceiving. I touched one of the column. I could feel the power vibrating inside it, but it felt foreign, dark. I slowly back away from it. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. My nerves were urging me to run. It was getting stronger every second.

"Percy, I want to leave"

"We can't"

"Something doesn't feel right"

"Of course its going to feel strange to you Annabeth; this is new to you, but this is my domain. I control what goes around _"

"NO!" I screamed. My voice echoed around the room. There was an eerie silence.

He stared at me for a few minutes, shocked.

I couldn't help it. The feeling of getting out of here was overwhelming. I could not and would not stay. I headed for the door, but he blocked it.

"I'm not staying her Percy" I warned, and as expected, he didn't move.

"It's only for two days Annabeth. You are not leaving." he said angrily. 

I felt like screaming. Does he not get that somethings not right here? 

"Percy, this place feels enchanted with deadly magic." I tried to reason with him, but he wouldn't listen. He kept getting angrier by the minute.

I opened my mouth to say more, but he was having none of it. Percy grabbed my arm and half-dragged me to a bedroom all why explaining that the ceremony was tomorrow in the morning.

His words didn't sit well with me. I had a feeling that tomorrow would not go as planned.

Just like the rest of the palace, it was beautiful, so beautiful it was almost seductive like it was luring its victims with its charm.

I stopped just outside of it, but Percy pushed me in. "We should sleep, we must wake up at dawn." I tore my arm away from him, which resulted in him glaring at me. I could read the message on his face. I control the sea, and I command it to protect you. You have no reason to be afraid.

I scowled and turn my face away, refusing to listen. I knew something was wrong and he doesn't believe me.

I heard him getting in bed. The light coming from a clear ball dimmed. It was probably Greek fire. I sighed and walked towards the bed, but then stopped. I needed my own bed. I couldn't sleep in the same as his. The thought made me embarrassed. Seeing that there was no other option, I grabbed a spare blanket and pillow and placed it on the floor. It wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it was going to be. The water cushioned the hard floor. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I felt someone sit next to me and whisper in my hear. 

"You would rather sleep on the cold, hard floor than to sleep on the same bed as your husband?" Anger threaded his voice.

"I like sleeping on the floor," I lied. 

"So do I." I felt his arms wrap around me.

"I never get any kind of freedom do I?" I grumbled. His chest vibrated as he chuckled. "If by freedom, you mean being alone, then yes that will rarely happen. I let you sleep by yourself for many days, but now that we are going to be soulbound, it's time to get rid of that barrier."