Chapter 13: My Hiding Place

A/N: two chapter update bcs im seeing Olivia Rodrigo and Holly Humberstone tonight :) don't forget to vote and comment thx

************
Ricky's POV:

It's been the worst school day of my life for me so far. As soon as I got to school, I fell asleep by my locker since I was up late at 3 am texting my crush, E.J. Then when I woke up, and found out that some senior guys wrote some nasty stuff on my forehead and now I can't get the writing marks off.  And just as a bonus, I just found out that the video they took of me sleeping while they were drawing on my forehead went viral on tiktok.

Great.

This is not how I want to spend the spring semeste of my sophomore.

I swear I'm never using that app ever again even if my friend Gina is going viral on it with her dance videos.

That video of me asleep by the lockers is the worst thing I've ever seen in the history of tiktok feed history. And unfortunately for me, the entire school has seen and liked the video and commented on it.

So, instead of sitting at my usual table at the back of the cafeteria with my friend group, I decided to sit under the bleachers of the lacrosse field again and die of embarrassment here.

At least I have my songbook, Caswell Cases pen, and guitar with me, but my hands are still cold and it's hard to write a single lyric down in my book while sitting under the bleachers since the grass isn't a comfortable place to sit.

(A/N: lyric cred to Joshy Bassett)

Oh and I forgot to pack my lunch yesterday since I was busy thinking about taking that stupid nail polish off that the principal said that I can't wear to school.

And now my stumach is growling from not eating breakfast this morning.

Great.

And it's like 45 degrees outside because it's always cold in February in Utah.

Shit. I should've bought a heavier jacket.

I just have a hoodie on over my sweater and I'm freezing now. But I don't want to go back inside and face everyone in the cafeteria.

I guess I will just have to sit in the cold for 45 minutes till lunch is over.

Good thing, I have my picnic blanket that I kept in my locker for when I need to go to my hiding place which is right here underneath the lacrosse field bleachers.

"Ricky, what are you doing under the bleachers again? It's like 45 degrees out here and you don't have a winter jacket on," I suddenly hear a deep masculine voice come from above the bleacher seats and look up and see E.J sitting on the bleacher seat above the grass patch I'm sitting on while I quickly close my songbook and hide it in my backpack.

What the-? How did he find me so fast? Was he worried about me?

OMG, I bet he saw the viral video on tiktok.