Chapter 35: The Best Damn Thing

Ricky's POV:

It's Monday which means its the last week of March. It also means that it is almost April 1st and I still haven't heard from E.J or talked to him.

I really should've said something to him at the rollerskating rink instead of having an outburst at him. And brothers fight. It's okay, he was just looking out for me best interest and he was right about E.J all along.

Before, I started my skating journey to school, I texted Big Red about my apology and told him to meet me in the music room since Miss Jenn always let students use it, especially students that she trusted like Nini and I.

After texting Big Red and making sure that I had his apology gift in my backpack, I double checked my phone to see if E.J had sent me any messages, calls, or face-time requests but sadly there were none. So I decided to skate to school and put in some Beatles music in my airpods instead of focusing on E.J.

As soon as I got to school, I headed to the music room and placed Big Red's gift on top of Miss Jenn's table since she wasn't in the room.  Then I set my backpack down and closed the door so that I could have  some quiet time till Big Red comes to write in my song book.

I  finally came up with a song for the Heartstopper Mixtape just for fun.  It's actually an upbeat and fun song about E.J and I. I was inspired by  Nick and Charlie when Gina and I re watched the show over the weekend.

I played it for Nini and Gina the night we had our binge night and they loved it. They said that I should play it for E.J but it's still not done yet.

I never share my songs with people though, Nini and Gina were just being curious and snooping around my apartment when I went to the bathroom.

I usually practice this song on my electric guitar that my dad got for me that's back at home, but Miss Jenn didn't get an electric guitar for band since it's school rules.

We aren't a punk rock school or whatever she said last year.

So for now I'm whispering the chorus to myself and writing the rest of the lyrics down in my notebook.

It isn't the same as playing electric guitar and singing the chorus though.

Would ya tell me what you're thinking
Cause youur really not saying
Much of anything
On and on we play this game and
I'm just tryna make you happy
And I'm tired of second guessing
Everything we are
Hanging by a thread and I'm just

Swimming in emotion
Got me overdosing
I can't tell if you still feel the same
We're not the way we once were
Tell me is this over
I gotta know

Cause you're the best damn thing that I've ever had
You're the best damn thing that I've ever had
And I don't know what I'd do
If I'd ever lose you
Cause you're the best damn thing that I've ever had
But I can't do much if you're over it
So tell me what to do
Cause I wanna be the best damn thing that you've had too