Chapter 47: It's Not the Same Anymore

A/N: same day as the last chapter. Begins in the music room with E.J and Ricky. All Ricky's POV

**************************

Ricky's POV:

"E.J, what are you doing?" I repeat my question and take a seat on the piano bench.

"Something that I need to do," I watch E.J shut the door and drop his backpack on the floor..

Right before E.J scoots over to sit next to me on the piano bench, I hear the door open and look over to see Miss Jenn walk in holding a plate with a croissant and her mug of coffee in her hand while trying to balance a planner in one of her arms. After she closes the door and notices us sitting on the piano bench, I try to scoot away from E.J and make it look like I was playing the piano but it's obvious that I wasn't.

"Oh Ricky, nice to see you here. Are you working on that song?" I look over at Miss Jenn who put her cup and plate down on her desk while E.J is awkwardly sitting on the other side of the piano bench staring at us.

"Oh you have a friend. Hi, I'm Miss Jenn the underclassmen music teacher," I watch Miss Jenn go over to E.J and smile as if she's promoting her class or something.

"I gotta go. The bell is about to ring and I'm not feeling well all of a sudden," I glance over at Miss Jenn as I grab my backpack from under the piano bench.

It's not that I don't feel well, I actually feel fine.

Actually I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack any second.

E.J and I almost kissed in my favorite place in school and Miss Jenn almost caught us.

I also can't get the image of Nini flirting with the lacrosse team guys out of my head.

I know that Nini doesn't like boys like that but it's just kinda weird that she's been hanging out with E.J, Marcus, and Jackson over the last two days.

Something is up and I don't want to talk about it.

"Ok, well get some medicine from the nurse's office Ricky or lay down. I'm always here if you need space to eat lunch or want to use the instruments," I watch Miss Jenn wave to me as she goes back over to her desk to eat her croissant and work on her schedule.

I know Miss Jenn doesn't have kids but she's trying her best to be a helpful teacher and mentor for me. Even if she tells me to go to the nurse when the nurse can't help me with a panic attack.

After my awkward run-in with Miss Jenn, I get up and head to the door and watch E.J get up after me as if he's going to class.

"Ri,- where are you going?" I feel E.J grab my hand while I look down at it in shock.

He's holding my hand in school.

"To the nurse's office," I lie since Miss Jenn is still a few feet away from the door.

I don't know why E.J is being so open and active around me all of a sudden.

I mean, he did say that he would be there for me more often and school and stand up for me but I don't really know where we are in our friendship or relationship.

I'm kinda confused on if we hold hands in school or if he wants to be around me or if he's going to be affectionate in school but not come out as bisexual?

I also saw him talking to Marcus the other day but Marcus is a junior and he's my tutor so I shouldn't worry.

By the time, I step into the hallway and head left to the science classrooms, I notice that the hall is empty.