Chapter 62: Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

E.J's's POV:

Yesterday's meeting with Principal R was interesting. I don't want to think about the incident at all today. I have a big day ahead of me. I am going to tell Ricky that we can be R.J forever aka we can be in love forever. We will find a way to make this work. I know we will. I have something planned that is going to blow his mind that is bigger than 'The You Matter Project'.

As soon as I woke up this morning, I felt a sense of relief because my lower body pain had decrease by a lot. I was just wincing because of the bruise on my chest and not in pain anymore.

When I went to take a shower, I noticed that my suit and crown were placed by my walk-in closet and they were ironed and taken out of the box. I saw a note from our house maid that it was her doing and was relieved no one else had touched them.

After I took a shower, I went downstairs and expected a birthday plate of pancakes or cupcake from my parents but saw nothing. I put on a brave face because I promised Ricky that I would be strong for him and in return he would be strong for me too.

Instead of receiving a birthday message from my parents, I got one from Ricky's dad.

I think that I was more disappointed that Mr. Bowen couldn't help me with the surprise than the fact my homophobic parents missed my birthday. I had a whole date day planned for Ricky and I.

The plan was that, Ricky's Dad would drive us around since my parents won't let me take their car with my boyfriend. I wanted to take Ricky to all of my favorite places; including: Dave and Buster's, GameStop, and Panera. I finally wanted to show off my super cute boyfriend that I've been scared to talk about.

Now, it is 11:58 am, and I am waiting for my gift to come. I am not sure what it is. I think that it could be a package because gifts come in boxes right?

But, knowing Mr. Bowen, I mean Mike; I am not sure if he knows what to get me or where to drop it off.

As soon as the clock hand hit 12 noon, I quickly finished the bowl of Lucky Charms that was my brunch and put the bowl in the sink. After cleaning the table up, from eating alone the doorbell started ringing 5 times.

"Jesus, you know the doorbell works. You are going to wake up the birds outside," I look out the windows to make sure it's not a stranger, then open the door to see Big Red standing there holding a pizza box, suit bag, and a grocery bag full of stuff.

"Well first, happy birthday, Mr. I don't like hugs and I'm grumpy in the morning," I watch him point a marker towards my direction.

"Thanks, but you're the one who doesn't like hugs, remember? And I am not grumpy. I've been waiting for a call. Also, it's noon so it isn't morning anymore," I let him in because it is quite windy right now and it is the polite thing to do.

"Whatever, you say. So, how's your abdomen from the other day? Do you have a gnarly scar like Ricky?," I watch Big Red place the pizza box on the kitchen counter as if it is for me.