Chapter 21 Dancing Lessons

One nice sunny evening most of Team Sonic were at the beach relaxing and enjoying themselves.

Knuckles was lifting weights and then realized the time. ''Ok guys I'm out.''

''Hey Knucks, where are you going?'' Asked Sonic opening his eyes.

''Oh I'm going back to town got a date I guess you could say.'' He said turning to them.

''Oh cool who is she?'' Asked Tail's.

''Just Stacy wants some company.'' He said as he left.

''I can't believe it! Knuckles on a date? Something is up.'' Sticks said curiously.

''Yeah, but good for him.'' Sonic said.

''Speaking of girls, where is Amy?'' Asked Tail's.

''Probably at home doing something. I should go check on her.'' He said taking off.

Sonic made it back to the town and he went over to his and Amy's shared hut and walked in expecting her to be there but she wasn't.

''Huh? Weird.'' He went over to Meh Burger not there.

''Welcome to Meh Burger can I take your order?'' Asked Dave.

''Nah I'm good say have you seen Amy?'' He asked.

''Oh she is over there in City Hall.'' He said.

''Thanks.'' He went over to the building and saw lights on he went to the window and saw animals there dancing some with partners and by themselves, he saw Amy and smiled seeing her partner up with Zooey and he left.

He was watching tv when Amy showed up looking annoyed.

''Hey beautiful what's wrong?'' He asked.

''Nothing much. Just came from dance class.'' She said sitting down.

''I know you were amazing.'' He said pulling her to his lap.

''Thanks, I wasn't aware you were watching.'' She said.

''Curiosity got the better of me.'' He said.

She smiles and kisses his nose.

Over the next couple of days Amy came back looking annoyed more so then ever.

''Are you sure you're ok Ames?'' Asked Sonic.

''Yeah, just fine.'' She said.

They went up against Eggman and he mocked Amy.

''Well Ms. Twinkle Toes not so up for it huh?'' He shot at her.

The team looked at them and Sonic spindashed Eggman.

''Don't listen to him Amy.'' Sonic said.

''Yeah.'' She then saw the time. ''Got to go.''

Later the team was at the beach relaxing.

''Hey guys.'' Amy said coming over.

''Hey Amy where did you run off to?'' Asked Sticks.

''Oh um, I was helping set stuff up for the dance classes, I just came to spend sometime with you guys.'' She smiled and sat on the beach lounge chair.

''Sounds like fun! Say Sonic why don't you join your girlfriend?'' Asked Tails.

''I don't dance besides I'm not big into that stuff.'' He said but noticed Amy look a bit sad.

After a bit Amy sighed and got up. ''See ya at home Sonic.'' She said as she slung her bag over her shoulder and left.

The gang was worried about her. ''What's gotten into her?'' Asked Tails.

''I don't know but she goes to dance every night and always seems to be upset I don't see why she goes.'' Knuckles said scratching his head.

Sonic had a feeling something was going on so he followed her and saw her at the dance class and saw animals lined up again and the window was opened.

''Ok now time for the next lesson before the show on Saturday.'' Said a voice.

Sonic saw Dixon!

He wasn't completely evil just greedy and he didn't like team Sonic. He went to the open window watching and listening.

''Now I need my dance partner Ms. Amy Rose!'' She nodded as she went over.

He grabbed her wrist and yanked her over to him, she yelped and frowned at this but stayed quiet.

Sonic was shocked wondering why Amy didn't smash him with her hammer.

Dixon dips Amy low and hard and pulls her up spinning her and pulls her to him. She blushes as he held her.

''Ok now grab your partners and copy mine and Amy's moves.'' Dixon said holding Amy close.

''Let go Dixon.'' She pulls away.

''Shut up Amy.'' He said pushing her away.

She seemed to grab her hammer. ''Remember our deal Amy.'' He smirked.

Sonic was mad. ''What deal?''

Amy walked out and Dixon followed. ''You'll be fired if you leave.'' Dixon said.

''So what?! I wanted to be a star but not the way your treating me!'' She shouted.

Dixon growls and went back in as Amy walked away. Sonic felt bad and had an idea.

Amy sat down at the edge of the forest trying not to cry.

''Hey Ames.''

She wiped her eyes and saw Sonic. ''Hey Sonic!''

''Are you ok?'' He asked.

''I'll be fine.'' 

''I have an idea.'' He said standing up, helping her up and then carries her bridal style back home.

Once there he moved the stuff and the zipped upstairs and came down wearing his brown short dress jacket and lit candles going over to her.

''My I have this dance?'' He asked bowing.

Amy was shocked but took his hand and they started dancing the moves that she had been working on.

''Sonic?'' She asked her hands on his shoulders.

''I thought we could dance and that we could do that couples dance contest.'' He said dipping her.

''Oh Sonic really for me?''

''Of course and I want to show Dixon we are the ultimate power dancing couple.'' He said.

Amy smiles and kisses him as he kisses back cupping her face and pulls her to the couch.

''Sonic.'' She giggles.

On Saturday the couples went up to the stage and they started dancing. Amy came over and Dixon saw her.

''Well here to join me?'' Asked Dixon.

''No, I'm here with my partner.'' She said as Sonic came over.

''I'm here and we will show you we can win.'' Sonic said.

They were the last ones up and they started dancing together, Sonic spins and twirls Amy and she blushes and they continued to show off their dance moves. Team Sonic cheered for them.

''Way to go!'' Tail's shouted.

Dixon was impressed and smirked seeing all the money coming in.

Finally at the end Sonic dipped Amy and they shared a kiss. The team heard someone crying and saw Eggman.

''That was so beautiful they truely are the best couple.'' He cried.

Everyone cheered. ''Say Sonic lets go home and I got a surprise waiting for you.'' She whispered in his ear.

He grins and picks her up speeding out of there with her.

Enjoy. Next up movie date