Chapter 26 Sick

It was a normal day in Bygone Village. The villagers were doing their normal thing, Sonic was taking a run around the island village when he heard Tails over the communicator.

''Sonic Eggman is attacking again.'' Tails shouted.

''On my way.'' Sonic dashed and came to the middle of the village where he saw his team fighting and he joined in, spin dashing destroying a bee bot.

He was fighting and noticed Amy seemed a bit off, she was hammering the bots, but she seemed very slow about it, and her face is flushed. ''Amy!''

He ran over to her and helped her, she turned to look at him. ''Hey Sonic.''

He heard her voice sounded a bit hoarse. ''You, ok?'' 

''Yeah, I'll be fine.'' She said smashing a bot.

''I'll be back you rodents!'' Shouted Eggman as he took off.

Shortly Amy fainted but Sonic caught her and lifted her in his arms and took her to her hut and placed her on her bed taking off her shoes and covering her up.

The others followed and Tails checked Amy out with his radar and confirmed it. ''Amy is sick.''

''How sick?'' Asked Sonic worried.

''Sick enough she has to stay in bed for a couple days.'' Tails said as he left with others followed.

Sonic stayed behind and looked at Amy. ''You alright?'' He asked.

''Y-Yeah, I'll be fine I just need to rest.'' She said.

''Ok, um do you need anything?'' He asked.

''Nah, I'm good thanks Sonic.'' She smiled and fell asleep.

Sonic went into the kitchen and got some water and placed it next to the bed and he went into her living sat down and watched some tv.

An hour later he saw Amy coming out of her room stumbling, he sped over and caught her. ''Amy, what are you doing up?'' 

The tv is out here and I want to watch something--what are you doing here?'' She asked surprised.

''Oh, I decided to stay here and take care of you while you're sick, like in case you needed something.'' He said rubbing the back of his head.

''Aww that is so sweet.'' She swooned.

She laid on the couch and Sonic placed a blanket over her and put a pillow on his lap and she laid her head on it. Sonic smiled and got comfortable.

An hour later Sonic's communicator went off and heard Knuckles.

''Sonic we are meeting at Meh Burger want to join us?'' He asked.

Sonic looked down at Amy who was sleeping, he smiled and stroked her hair softly. ''Sorry Knucks but I'll pass this time.'' Sonic said.

What none of them knew is Sonic and Amy have been seeing each other for a month now. They didn't want to tell their friends just yet; they liked the whole privacy thing. He leans over and kisses the top of her head.

At Meh Burger the other three were eating.

''So, Sonic turned down coming here? He never turns down a chili dog.'' Tails said surprised.

''I bet he's still with Amy.'' Sticks said chuckling.

''Really? Huh he never stays still for that long.'' Tails said surprised.

''He cares about her well-being so of course he's taking care of her.'' Knuckles said.

''U. T translated that well.'' Tails said.

''I think they have a thing for each other.'' Sticks said.

The boys looked at her. ''Why do you say that?'' Asked Tails.

''Right before you turned off U. T. it was about to reveal something about Amy, and I believe she was going to say she loves him.'' Sticks said.

''That's crazy.'' Tails said.

''Well, I mean they are the only two hedgehogs, so it makes sense.'' Knuckles said shrugging.

Back at Amy's. She had woken up and looked to see Sonic asleep, she smiled and sat up only for Sonic to wake up. ''Hey Ames, you need something?'' He asked.

''Yeah, some water I'm thirsty.'' She said.

Sonic got up and got her some water. ''You hungry?'' He asked.

She looked at him. ''Yeah, I am.'' She heard her stomach growl.

He went to the kitchen and turned on the stove placing a pot on it that was in the fridge.

''What is that?'' She asked.

He came over and sat down. ''Some soup is all. Figured it might help you.'' Sonic said.

Amy smiled and held his hand. ''I appreciate what you are doing, but you didn't have to stay here, I can take care of myself.'' She said smiling.

''I know, but what boyfriend wouldn't take care of his sick girlfriend?'' He asked kissing the top of her head and went to check on the food.

Amy blushed and was happy as he came back with two bowls. ''I wasn't aware you knew how to cook, and you didn't mess up the kitchen.'' She joked.

Both laughed. ''I can if you want me too.''

''Don't you dare, or when I'm better my hammer is the only one, you're going to have to answer to.'' She giggles.

Sonic smiled. Later after they ate supper, he looked at his girlfriend and couldn't help it, screw if he got sick. He moves closer to her and kisses her on the lips as she stopped.

''S-Sonic. You might get sick.'' She said surprised.

''I know but kissing you is worth it.'' He smiled and kissed her cheek.

The next day Amy was a lot better, and she was able to join the others and sure enough, Sonic was sick as Amy smiled and went to take care of him.