Chapter 29 A Special Night

Sonic and Amy go on a date and Sonic asks a serious question that changes her night....

Amy did her hair and looked at her dress and felt something was up.

'Don't over think it Amy, Sonic invited you out for a date.' She told herself.

Her and Sonic had been dating for 2 years now and things were at their highest, and when he asked on a date, instead of his smug and casually asking like he normally did he came up to her and seemed a bit nervous.

Flashback...

Amy was sitting around talking to Sticks and saw Sonic sitting on a bench eating a chilidog, but he kept looking at her.

''Well catch you later Amy I got stuff to do.'' Sticks stood up and left.

Amy got up and went over to Sonic.

''Hey.'' She greeted.

''Hey Ames.'' He said looking at her as she sat down.

''You know you could have come over and joined me and Sticks.'' She replied.

''I know, but um I was actually wanting to catch you alone.'' He said playing with his fingers.

''Oh? What's up?'' She asked.

''Amy, will you go on a date with me tonight?'' He asked looking at her.

''Yes of course. Why are you nervous? You've asked me out plenty of times?'' She pointed out hugging him.

''Well, I think tonight might be different then the rest.'' He smiles hugging her.

Flashback over...

Amy giggles. It was nice to see Sonic a bit nervous.

She then goes down the stairs and hears a knock on the door. She opens it to see Sonic.

''Hey sonic. You don't have to knock you live here too.'' She giggles.

''I know but tonight I want special for us, so please don't question what I do and just enjoy it.'' He smiles as he kisses her.

She kisses back happily and smiles as they pull away.

''You got it Sonic.'' She smiles and he lifts her bridal style. ''Hold on.''

He ran as fast as he could and within 3 minutes they arrived at the next town over, and he places her down.

''Woah, Sonic you're getting better, my quills aren't messy.'' She giggles.

''Nope. Not tonight.'' He smiles and kisses her hand as he holds it, and they walk to a fancy restaurant.

A waiter walks them to a table with candles in the middle of a secluded courtyard and Sonic goes over to Amy and pulls out her chair for her as she sits, and he sat across from her.

''Can I get you drinks? A bubbly or something?'' Asked the waiter.

''Champagne.'' Sonic said looking at Amy who nodded.

''Coming up.'' The waiter left.

Amy smiles seeing that they were outside in a romantic setting.

''It's so beautiful here, and I thought it took a while to get any reservations here.'' She said impressed.

''Yeah well, I've saved this town a couple times and they said that they owed me, so I told them I wanted to eat here on a date with my girlfriend they had one open up right away.'' He winks at her.

''I didn't know you saved other towns.'' Amy replied curiously.

''Yeah, I can get here the fastest and its not hard. I'm usually back in like 10 minutes.'' He shrugged as their drinks came.

''Impressive, you're just full of surprises.'' Amy giggles leaning forward.

''Excuse me you two ready to order?'' Asked the waiter.

''Yes, I'll have the spaghetti with meatballs.'' Amy answered.

''Same here.'' Sonic answered.

''Got it.'' The waiter left them.

''Oh, I got something for you.'' Sonic said going over and pulling out a necklace with a jade diamond on it.

''S-Sonic! I-It's so beautiful.'' She breathed.

''Mind if I put it on you?'' He asked.

''Sure, go ahead.'' She blushes as he places it on and leans over kissing the side of her neck.

She moans and leans back as he pulls away. ''You deserve the best, my Amy Rose.'' He answered.

He went to go sit back down and looks at her as the food came.

They were both eating.

''So, what were you and Sticks talking about the other day?'' Asked Sonic.

''Mostly about the aliens that are coming to take over sometime in the next month.'' Amy giggles.

''Sounds like her.'' Sonic chuckled as they ate.

Amy took a drink and placed her hand on the table and Sonic laced their fingers together looking at her.

''What is it Sonic?'' She asked eating and felt her heart racing.

''You just look so beautiful Amy.'' He sighed dreamily.

She blushes and smiles. ''Sonic hehe.''

He smiles and once they were finished eating and the waiter took their plates, he laced their other fingers together.

She looks at him as he came over and he smiles. ''Amy, I love you and being together has been an adventure, at first, I thought being with you would take my freedom away and that enemies would be going after you to get to me, but it's nothing like that. You are more then I could hope for and I don't want it anyway else. And tonight, I wanted this to be the best... Amy...'' He got on his knee and took her hand.

''Will you marry me?'' He asked.

Amy was shocked and had tears in her eyes as she nodded. ''Yes, yes, I will marry you!''

Sonic goes over and picks her up in a hug as she hugs back. ''You just made my night Sonic.'' She giggles.

''As you make mine.'' He kisses her as they hold each other.

Here we go enjoy.