Chapter 1

Jeonghan made his way towards his locker like his usual routine every morning once he arrives at the Pledis Academy. Experiencing the usual greetings and compliments from many students, usually girls. As Jeonghan reached his locker, his smile quickly fades which was something unnatural to the school's famous social butterfly.

"Hey, Jeonghan!" A shout from the other side of the hall caught the blonde's attention, making him smile again as he faced the person who called him. It was his half brother, Jisoo, who always prefers to be called by his American name, Joshua running towards the blonde's direction.

"Why so gloomy, Han, that's very unusual of you" Joshua stated. Jeonghan's smile broke. "Sowon broke up with me last night" He replied, as he looked down trying his best to keep his tears from falling. "Oh. I thought you two had a date"

"It was supposed to be a date but I figured Sowon just asked me to go out so she can formally broke up with me" Jeonghan replied. "I'm sorry. That's why you weren't feeling well when you got home last night" Joshua spoke, thinking of what to say to break the sudden ice between them. "What was her reason for breaking up? It's just so sudden. I mean you two looked so perfect these past few months" Joshua asked as they walked slowly towards their class.

"It's a confusing night, really, but to summarize all of it, Sowon said that the only reason we were together is that she felt bad rejecting me. She liked me, really but she feels bad seeing me make so much effort for her and decided that it would be better if we stopped this immediately" Jeonghan explained as they reached their classroom.

"Wow, that's really shocking. It's hard to say that Sowon was faking all of it because the two of you seemed natural and real" Joshua responded, still in shock of the sudden break up. "I know and I thought it was real as well" Jeonghan laughed to himself thinking how much of a fool he was. He's been in so many relationships yet for some reason all those people just decides to leave him. It confuses him how a lot of those people had the nerves to leave him even though he's trying his best to be the perfect boyfriend. It might be him putting himself up the pedestal, but Jeonghan's generosity and kindness are undeniable. Jeonghan would sacrifice anything for the people he loves, he would spoil them if he has the chance, he would do everything for them as long as they let him do it. He's just the sweetest person you'll ever meet.

The two students walked inside their class and sat on their respective seats as they start to quiet down from their topic. "Hey, guys! I thought the two smarty pants would be late for class but I knew pigs would fly first before that happens" Seokmin, one of Jeonghan and Joshua's closest friends shouted as he sat on the chair between the two. "Seokmin, it won't kill you to shut up. I can't focus on my notes" Jihoon stated. A smart young man who is also one of Jeonghan's closest friends. "Oh come on, Jihoon. The quiz isn't until tomorrow. Stop killing the fun" Seokmin replied which made Jihoon just roll his eyes.

"Hey, Hannie! Why the long face?" Seungkwan asked as he appeared in front of Jeonghan out of nowhere. "It's probably because of your face. Anyone would turn blue by seeing you" Minghao retorted out of nowhere. "Oh shut up, frog. Where's Mingyu?" Seungkwan rolled his eyes. "I went by his house earlier and his maids said that "The Young Sir is still asleep" The group laughed. Jeonghan smiled to himself seeing how nothing has changed to his friends. Seokmin was still loud as ever, Jihoon is being the bookworm he is, Seungkwan and Minghao's constant bickering and Mingyu always waking up late. He enjoys the sight of the people he cherishes so energetic in the morning.

"Jeonghan, you never answered. Why are you so gloomy?" Jihoon brought up, noticing that the loud and social butterfly Jeonghan isn't himself right now. "Yeah, that doesn't seem to be the look of someone who just went to a date with his girlfriend last night" Seokmin added, elbowing his blonde friend. "Well, it's really hard to say" He responded. Everyone from the friend group suddenly gave Jeonghan a worried look. It is very unusual for Jeonghan to just walk in and sit down quietly. Usually, Jeonghan would walk in class, full of energy and have a story tell or sometimes he would just constantly boast about his pretty girlfriend. But most of the time he would just be really loud.

"Sowon and I broke up" Loud gasps was heard inside of the classroom from different students, even those who aren't close with Jeonghan. Jeonghan and Sowon became a famous couple after Jeonghan confessed to her publicly and announcing their relationship to the whole school. Most of them supported the relationship while some girls were very against it. Everyone went close to Jeonghan constantly asking what happened, why it happened and some girls would speak words saying its okay and there are other girls who loves him. This made Jeonghan uncomfortable. As much as he loves the attention, Jeonghan wanted to keep this to him and to his friends.

"Alright, everyone back off and mind your business!" Seungkwan shouted to the whole room. "We all wanna hear the story of what happened but Jeonghan's life is not a telenovela that everyone can watch. Let's give some space, shall we?" All of the students went back to their own things with silent complaints and whispers wanting to hear what happened. "Okay! Where were we?" Seungkwan asked. "Thank you" Jeonghan smiled as he proceeds to tell what happened to him and Sowon last night.

"What!?" Both Seungkwan and Seokmin exclaimed. "Hush" Joshua shushed the two as it brought another looks and attention from the other students around them. "Sorry, sorry but what?" Seokmin spoke. "You two broke up because Sowon never had the same feelings as you" Minghao repeated. "Yes" Jeonghan replied. "Well, on the bright side, she meant well. She didn't take advantage of your popularity for her own and broke up with you so it wouldn't continue" Jihoon stated. "But its still kinda terrible that she didn't just reject you from the beginning" Seungkwan spoke with disappointment in his tone.

"Well, imagine receiving a public confession from a famous student. It probably put a lot of pressure to Sowon so she felt obligated to say she feels the same" Minghao stated. "You think I put her into to much pressure that time?" Jeonghan asked. "As much as I want to side with you, Minghao is right" Joshua replied. "To be honest, I have the same thoughts" Jihoon added and everyone agreed.

"Ugh, you're right. I shouldn't have confessed to her in way it would be hard for her to become honest with me. Should I go say sorry?" Jeonghan asked. "After just breaking up? Maybe let it wait for a few days" Joshua suggested. "Yeah.."

"Also, don't blame yourself for this. I don't think either are at fault. She was afraid to reject you and you've lived you're life normalizing the idea of making everything you do publicly" Jihoon whispered to Jeonghan as he starts to contemplates on what he's done.

"Hey guys!" A tall man with brown hair walked in their class with a messy uniform and bags of food. "Woah, why does the aura feel so gloomy?" Everyone looked at the always late Mingyu with a disappointed look on their face. "I seem to have missed something and I really want a summary of it" Mingyu spoke as he sat down, still eyeing the disappointed expression of his friends. "Sowon and Jeonghan broke up" Jihoon answered. Since no one wanted to speak up, he thought to himself.

"That was unexpected. Why? What happened?" They spent the little free time they have before class starts, explaining to Mingyu what happened. His opinion about it didn't differ from what his other friends have told them.

Jeonghan spent the rest of his class overthinking what he had done and that maybe it was his fault. He thought to himself that he was too obsessed with the attention he receives from other people being popular to the point everything he does is announced to everyone at school.

----------

Please Comment, Vote, Share and Follow :3
Thanks for reading <33

Other socmeds:

IG: Lynilynilyn28
FB: Lynilynilyn Arts