Chapter 21

Seungcheol groaned as a ray of sunlight shone brightly on his face, rubbing his eyes the moment he opened them. He stretched his arms, yawning widely as he stood up eyes still half closed. His eyes stung as he tried to open them clearly while he approached his bathroom mirror.

There it was, the red puffy eyes. A sign of him crying badly last night. Frustration rushed through his veins, reaching his brain,  a banging pain in his head as memories of last night went through his mind.

He looked closely towards his foggy reflection, his bathroom steaming up, creating moisture on his mirror. He has never cried as much as he did. Then again, he has never let so much emotion as he did last night. It confused him, he couldn't figure out whether he should be glad or afraid that he managed to speak up against his father.

Still, he disregarded the thoughts and whatever consequences might follow him soon. Sighing deeply as he splashed the cold water on his face, forcing himself to wake up and get moving.

After a long shower, the warm water made him calm and composed, dressing up for school. He took a deep breath, letting himself calm a bit as he went out of his room.

A sudden cold air touched his skin as he slowly made his way down the staircase, with each steps taking him a longer time to take.

His father was sat with his white polo and black trousers, keeping himself busy with his phone near his ear as he talk to someone, voice calm and stern. A sound he never really knew. While his mother stood there beside him, patiently waiting for her son to come downstairs.

"Seungcheol, wait a moment" The woman in pearls spoke, Seungcheol halting a moment. "Your father wants to speak with you" She continued as Seungcheol responded with a deep sigh.

"Make it quick, I'm gonna be late for school" He replied, his voice deep and cold. "You got some nerve talking back after what you did last night" A loud roar like voice came from the man sitting in front of him. "Honey, calm down" The woman beside him spoke, her long nails painted in french tips digging the man's shoulders as she placed her hand for comfort.

Seungcheol sighed as he blurred all sound coming from his parents, his father arguing that Seungcheol is spoiled while his mother speaking on behalf of him that he should try to be more gentle on Seungcheol. After what happened last night, it made him feel an even greater resentment towards his parents.

For years he listened to them throw insults or ridicule his friends and their family despite the help they have received from them, especially Soonyoung's family. While also trying to please his father, doing all of his request, following all orders to become the perfect son that his father wanted. That ends now, he was exhausted. He couldn't handle living his pretentious life, acting like some customized robot that his father bought from the store. He couldn't do that anymore, not after what the man said about Jeonghan.

That was his last straw. Although he feels that he shouldn't even react like that, considering he lived for so long believing that the Yoon Family were all stuck ups that ruins the Choi Clan status.

When he first came to study in Pledis Academy, his ultimate goal was to beat Jeonghan's Top Placement in their school ranking, to prove he's better and to please his family. Until he finally took the ranking, he boasted and he was proud, patiently waiting for Jeonghan to create a scene and attack him.

Nothing could ever surprise him than the way Jeonghan reacted to his success. As soon as Seungcheol took his certificate of recognition, Jeonghan didn't even think twice to approach him, a Choi, and congratulated him as Seungcheol was one of them.

He received nothing but praise from Jeonghan. There were no snide remarks, or threat or even a sign of hatred and disgust. It was as if Jeonghan saw through the name of Choi Seungcheol. Since then, Seungcheol would do his best to rank higher than Jeonghan so he'll be noticed by the young blonde.