Chapter 10

It hasn't been long since Jeonghan and Seungcheol decided to have lunch together. As expected from the social butterfly of the school and the IT prince, rumors are quick to spread.

"Did you guys hear!? Jeonghan and Seungcheol was seen together yesterday!"

"What's new? They go to the same school"

"No, no! They were seen hanging out, having a lunch date in Lee Seokmin's family resto, in front of the Choi Corporation!"

Murmurs of student filled the central hall of the school, as they brought up rumors about the two students. Some were proven to be true, "I saw Jeonghan wearing Seungcheol's jacket! What are they anyway!?" Some were false rumors, "And I heard, they did something, you know, inside their private room in the restaurant" While some were stating judgements. "Can you believe it? Jeonghan's already out with someone when he and Sowon just broke up. What a whore"

"Jeonghan is too good for Seungcheol. I don't think he should date someone with a weird status in life. I mean the Choi Clan is some sort of cult"

But all those yammering, and judgmental murmurs were put to stop as Jeonghan, along with Seungkwan, Jihoon and Jisoo entered the school. As they walked towards their lockers, Jeonghan couldn't help but feel sharp gazes from the people around him. It was not a surprise nor was it new for Jeonghan to have people stare at him, intensely or creepy. After all, he was the Yoon Jeonghan. But now, it felt different and bothersome.

As he usually goes, he smiled and waved towards his classmates, who, to his surprise weren't returning the gestures. What's even weird was every after his smiles, his classmates would turn away with either the look of disgust or cautiousness.

As if losing strength, Jeonghan stumbled, reaching for his locker. This was new, this was different. From the moment he walked through the floors of Pledis Academy three years ago, people would go swooning over him, bumping his fist, offering their hands for a high five, smiling and greeting him. This was all so different to him. Jeonghan started to panic quietly, as he rummage his locker, pretending to look for something. He knows his fame wasn't that big of a deal to him, his fame just came from nowhere. But what made him anxious was the reason why the surroundings changed. He had no idea what was happening, everything were all just whispers as if everyone's voices were blurred. He didn't care about his fame at all but there was no way he could avoid the feeling of anxiousness as everyone talks badly about him.

Because to him, the moment he was born, he felt the need to please everyone. That's what he see himself as. Someone born beautiful to bring fame and fortune to his name, to put honor in his name. Of course, his family has been good to him, he was never mistreated, he had loving parents, a great childhood, and despite his father dying, he was never harassed nor hurt by his step father. He even had a brother who loves him truly. But of course, it was also undeniable that Jeonghan became a good tool to his family.

The moment he was born, the Yoon Organization has been thriving. Jeonghan was loved by his grandparents because of the honor Jeonghan brought to their family name. He was born with a pretty face, that charmed so many people, clients, and other noble families. It would definitely not surprise him if his mother ever decides to plan an arranged marriage to one of those families just so the Yoon Family can stay at the highest ranks. His talents were greatly recognized by the world, creating a name for himself and bringing more fame to his family. Lastly, he was born with a genius mind. A high achieving student and the smartest amongst others.

However, all those love and appreciation from his family would suddenly disappear the moment he does something out of line. The moment he makes a mistake, everyone would try to leave and hate him. Fortunately for him, his parents were never as harsh as those who only came for what he was. Though it was never unavoidable for Jeonghan to feel bad or guilty whenever he makes a mistake, no matter how small it is. Because he knows, no matter how much his parents comfort him or assure him, the disappointment would stilm be there. And that's what Jeonghan hates, disappointment. He hated disappointing everyone, he hated knowing that someone hates him because of a mistake he never meant to do, he hated the feeling of being abadoned because he failed and right now, that's what's happening.

Jeonghan felt cold as he stared down at his locker, wondering what he did for everyone to suddenly ignore him, badmouth him, stare at him with those eyes. Various scenarios filled his head as he thought of what he could've done wrong. Did he post something that offended everyone? Did he act differently a few days ago in front of everyone because of the break up? Is it the break up, did that make everyone think he couldn't do anything good because he couldn't keep Sowon? Did he fail a test or a quiz? He shuddered at every thought.

"Jeonghan!" Seungkwan shouted, nudging him back to reality. "Are you okay? Did something happen?" The former asked. "Yeah, I'm fine" Jeonghan stuttered at every word, as he closed his locker, hesitating to face his friends.

"Do you guys feel weird?" Jisoo suddenly asked, with his friends turning towards him, comfused of his statement. "I mean, our schoolmates. Why are they so cautious around us" Joshua added. "So I'm not the only one who noticed it" Seungkwan replied. "What's even more weird is no one even approached Jeonghan for anything. They didn't even greet him at all or even smiled at him" Jihoon added, as he glanced at the people near him. "I guess their staring too much too"

"What the hell is going on?" Seungkwan loudly spoke. Jisoo gave the halls a glance, also noticing the weird gazes towards Jeonghan. Worry bubbled up inside Jisoo as he noticed his brother, looking pale and blank. Jisoo knew Jeonghan more than anyone. He knew what was going through his brother's mind, he was undoubtedly overthinking about the situation. He walked towards the frozen blondie, putting his arm around Jeonghan and pulling him close.

"Hey, let's go to the rooftop to calm you down" Jisoo whispered to his brother, Jeonghan nodding in response. He then approached the two who was still observing their surroundings. "Hey, I'm taking Jeonghan to the rooftop, he's kinda shooked. Can you guys try to find out about what's going on and follow us in a bit?"

"Yeah, sure" Seungkwan replied.

As Jeonghan and Jisoo left for the rooftop, Seungkwan and Jihoon decided to walk for a little bit, both ears perking as everyone whispers about Jeonghan's name. As time goes for another minute, the rest of their circle came. Mingyu, Minghao and Seokmin approached the wary Jihoon and Seungkwan, surprising the two who have been listening to everyone's conversation around them.

"What are you guys doing?" Minghao asked as he gave the two a confused look. "We really don't know but something is up with everyone here" Seungkwan answered, whispering every word. "What do you mean?" Mingyu asked, laughing nervously. "It may not be noticeable because Jeonghan's not here, but everyone here has been acting weird towards him the moment we walked in" Jihoon replied. "Weird how?" Minghao asked.

"They were avoiding him, looking at him with judging eyes, nobody approached him nor greet him and I keep hearing people whisper about him but none of us know the context" Jihoon answered, still looking around the central hall. "Jisoo brought Jeonghan up the rooftop to calm him down, he seemed kinda shooked and so Jihoon and I are trying to figure out what's going on. You guys know something about this?" Seungkwan added.

"Maybe it's about Seungcheol and Jeonghan's lunch date yesterday" Seokmin blurted out, suddenly. "Lunch date?" Mingyu asked, confused. "Yes. Yesterday, Jeonghan and Seungcheol came to the restaurant to have lunch. I think they were discussing about their final project for IT Class" Seokmin spoke.

Jihoon, frowned, as he figured out what was happening. "This school is a total bitch" He murmured. "Jihoon?" Seungkwan shouted, shocked of what he heard from the latter.

"Everyone is acting like this because Jeonghan, the butterfly had lunch with Seungcheol, IT prince, after just going through a break up with Sowon" Jihoon explained. "Rumors spread quickly. Someone probably talked shit about Jeonghan making it seem like he's playing with Sowon because he suddenly went on a date with Seungcheol"

"You're right!" Minghao exclaimed. Worry suddenly filled them as they ran towards the school roof, with Jeonghan in their mind. They know that their friend was brave, stronger than most people but they also know how easily he breaks.

.................

Comment, Vote, Share and Follow :3
Thanks for reading <33

Other socmeds:

IG: Lynilynilyn28