Chapter 12

Sowon ran as fast as she could, climbing up the stairs towards the rooftop. She knew something was up the moment she stepped inside the central hall.

The mood was dark, it was cold and eerie. As if something bad actually happened and to her surprise, Jeonghan was nowhere to be found. For that little time she and Jeonghan were together, it has always been Jeonghan's behaviour to bring light to the school when it felt awkward or gloomy. Sowon shuddered as she looked around the central hall. Everyone glanced at her direction with worry, they watched her movement as if observing her behaviour and it was weird. To add to the weirdness and tension of the hall, one of her schoolmates approached her.

"Hey, Sowon. Are you alright? You know if you need someone to talk to, I'm here" The girl spoke with worry, leaning towards Sowon as if they were close. "Girl you are too good and pretty to be treated like that. Stay strong" Another girl who passed by her spoke, all she could was smile with confusion. "Hey, you know I'd never do anything to hurt you. If I were you, I'd go for me" A guy suddenly approached Sowon, leaning too close to her face. Sowon was even more confused and scared as more people approached her, either offering comfort and help, boosting her ego or asking her out for lunch.

"You're probably feeling down about the news going around" A girl spoke suddenly beside Sowon, shocking her as her heart raced uncontrollably. "What are you guys talking about?" Sowon finally asked. "What do you mean? You haven't heard?" The girl took out her phone and offered it to Sowon. As she grabbed the phone with hesitation, her heart raced quicker than before. Finally glancing at the phone on her hand, she was left speechless of what she saw. "Yeah. Jeonghan and IT prince were seen dating yesterday, look! Jeonghan's even wearing IT prince's jacket" The girl explained, pointing on her phone while Sowon continued to stay still and quiet, observing the picture more. What can she say, Jeonghan was undoubtedly smiling adorably at the picture. She was speechless but she was happy. She's never seen Jeonghan smiled that way before.

"Sowon, it's okay. You don't have to smile to hide your pain. Ugh! The Jeonghan is such a whore! His looks are the only why everyone likes him. We all know he is no better than any jerk. And the Seungcheol, he is such a fool!" The girl started to shout, acting all concerned towards Sowon. The longer she spoke, the more it got onto her nerves. Even Sowon would never think that way towards Jeonghan. "Don't worry, everyone here is basically trashing him! I think I even saw him almost have a breakdown while walking towards the rooftop with his friends" The girl laughed with her high pitched voice that added fuel to Sowon's anger. Hearing each word that the girl stated, worry started to build inside her. Sowon shoved the girl's on her face, making sure it would leave a mark and ran towards the stairs.

Now, Sowon was on the fifth floor of their school, almost reaching the door to the rooftop. She knows Jeonghan well enough that this definitely affected the blonde, and as much as she wanted to mind her own business, she just felt the need to be there beside Jeonghan. After all, Jeonghan never left her side when she was also on her roughest moments. This is just her paying it forward. Jeonghan did everything for her, he was nothing but kind to her.

Not even catching her breath, Sowon pushed the rooftop door open, revealing Jeonghan sitting down with his head on his knees, while his friends comforts him. Sowon, despite running out off breath ran towards Jeonghan and hugged him tight, shocking his friends.

"Uhm what are you doing?" Seungkwan asked, annoyed at the sight of Sowon. Although he knows their break up was valid, he was still annoyed at the sight of her. "I'm sorry about that" Sowon stood up, letting go of Jeonghan, who was now looking up at Sowon with a puzzling face. "Woah! Woah! Is this real? Are you coming back now?" Mingyu shouted, yelping in pain as Jihoon hit him on the shoulders. "What are you doing here? The truth" Seokmin asked, pushing Sowon away from Jeonghan. While Jisoo and Minghao were watching with confusion as well.

"I'm not here to cause trouble. In fact, I came here because of what I heard. I got worried" Sowon admitted. "Worried huh" Seungkwan scoffed. "Kwan, just, let's hear her out. She seems sincere" Jisoo spoke, patting Seungkwan's shoulder.

"It's the truth. Jeonghan still means a lot to me. I'm just here to talk to him, if he will let me" Seungkwan scoffed even harder. "Guys, let her be. She didn't do anything wrong. I wanna hear her" Jeonghan spoke, looking up at everyone. "You guys could stick around or something just to be sure" Sowom smiled, assuring the others. In respect to Jeonghan, they decided it would be best to leave the two alone, still, they weren't sitting too far away from Jeonghan's location on the roof.

"Why'd you come here?" Jeonghan asked, im between silent sniffles. Sowon smiled and sat down beside the blonde. "I heard about the rumor. You and Seungcheol are supposedly dating"

"You believe that too? Of course" Jeonghan laughed, pain obvious in his voice. "I'm sorry, you probably hate me right now. We just broke up, I failed you, and now, I'm suddenly in this mess having rumors that I'm dating someone new just days after our break up" Jeonghan laughed again, sniffling and tears falling on his face.

"Jeonghan. I broke up with you not because you failed me. I said it before, I just felt like I wasn't reciprocating the kindness and love you were giving me and you don't deserve that" Sowon paused. "I have never once blamed you for our break up. In fact, I felt like I was at fault because you were this socialite with amazing talent and status. I felt like I wasn't enough for you"

"Sowon! You know that's not true. You were the best girlfriend I ever had. You were more than enough. Just your presence was enough" Jeonghan blurted out.

"Well, it's different from reality. The day before I broke up with you, I had a realization that I was only with you because I felt pressured. Still, I wanted to he a good girlfriend to you so I did everything I could to feel something and offer you something. But the longer it went, the lesser my interest to relationship became. You don't deserve that. We both don't deserve a relationship where one is pressured and one is giving so much but not receiving a thing from the other" Sowon paused, tears swelling on her eyes. "I just know there's someone else out there who would love you the way you loved me. I came here to clear that up. I also came here to tell you that I am not holding any grudges and how much I would support you once you find the person you deserve" She smiled facing Jeonghan.

"Sowon" It was the only thing that came out of his mouth. He was speechless, touched, he wanted to cry. How could someone be this good.

"So, you dating Seungcheol this quick is fine to me! You deserve it! It's your life, no one has any right to stop you from dating someone you like. Who am I to feel bad about that? I broke up with you! So do whatever you like and don't let others get to you!" Sowon shouted, aggressively pinching Jeonghan's cheeks as Jeonghan yelped in pain.

"Well, this is really a misunderstanding" Jeonghan laughed, wiping his tears. "Huh?" Sowon stared at Jeonghan, confused. "Seungcheol and I are not dating. The rumor you heard was only half true" Jeonghan continued laughing.

"Then what about thecpicture! You wearing his jacket while smiling so pretty! I've never seen you smile that way, Jeonghan" Sowon spoke, almost shouting, with frustration in her tone.

"A picture huh" Jeonghan muttered. Someone was spying. Jeonghan thought. "That picture was real. But the story was fake" Jeonghan paused. "Seungcheol and I are partners for the final project in our IT class, we went out to lunch to discuss about our project" Jeonghan giggled.

"And the picture?"

"Seungcheol let me borrow his jacket because it was very very cold and I forgot my own jacket yesterday. While that smile, that's just me thanking him" Jeonghan shrugged.

"That’s not just a friendly smile" Sowon smirked. "Whatever you're thinking. I don't feel that way towards him. He is adorable but I just don't" Jeonghan replied.

"Maybe not yet" Sowon laughed, cutting it short as the door to the rooftop was pushed open again.

There revealed Seungcheol, standing wide eyed, sweating and breathing heavily. "Seungcheol?" Jeonghan muttered. "Jeonghan" The brunette spoke back. Completely ignoring everyone around him, even Sowon which made his heart sunk, he ran towards Jeonghan, hugging him tightly as he buried his face on Jeonghan's neck.

....................

Comment, Vote, Share and Follow :3
Thanks for reading <33

Other socmeds:

IG: Lynilynilyn28