5: How?

The Doctor's POV

I didn't need to give her an answer. I don't even know why she was asking that. But I don't care, because this is my one chance to find out what she thinks.

About me.

My lips on hers. No time. No space. No stars. No Mondas. No threats of invasion. No danger.

Just my lips on hers.

It feels good. It really does feel good. I've kissed her before, but I know this is not the same. I didn't really kiss Rose that time, anyway. It was Cassandra. This feels completely different, because it's not forced. She pretty much asked for a kiss, and I gave her one. Our lips fit together perfectly, hearts tingling, sparks flying. My hands entangle themselves in her hair, around her back, her waist, her arms slowly wrapping around me. There's no world around us, just Rose and I, frozen in a fracture of time.

I love her.

Those words echo, ring in my head and ears, as a small moan escapes my lips. Our eyes open and I see Rose smile against the kiss. She knows I'm enjoying it and she's not going to stop now. But the words that follow shock me more than anything else.

'I think I love you,' she whispers.

The resulting vibration which runs through my body, making my form rigid is like nothing I've ever experienced before. Rose feels it, and she slowly moves away from me.

'Doctor?'

I shake my head, gasping for breath. 'I'm fine. I just...wanted to hear these words for so long,' I gasp.

However there seems to be no time to say anymore, because I can hear the stamping of metal feet against the hard ground.

'How?' It passes from my lips as a whisper, a soft murmur. They're here again and I didn't know. How could I not know? How was I so stupid to let Rose out of the TARDIS onto Mondas thinking it'd be safe?

How?!

Rose looks up at me, stood perfectly still. 'Don't tell me...'

I nod gravely and bite my lip. 'I'm sorry. But there is a chance. This is the home planet of the Cybermen, where they first came from all those years ago. Back then they were so primitive. They had cloth faces and barely any armour. They were nothing compared to what they are now. So if I killed them then, I might be able to do it now. But there's a fairly good chance they've evolved like the others.'

'Still...' murmurs Rose to me, curling her fingers around mine.

'Er, now might be a good time to run,' I whisper.

It's incredibly close. Somehow we have drifted far from the TARDIS and it takes us a minute or two. By the time we get there, I can see the Cybermen marching over to us.

'Run!' I shout and we slam the door shut behind us. As soon as the TARDIS is flying away, back into space. We are silent until we stop in mid air, in orbit around the Earth.

Rose looks up at me. 'So, um, what now?' I close my eyes and my legs shake beneath me, because just looking at her makes me want to faint.

She's so beautiful.

But I know exactly what's next.

'Well,' I say, running down the TARDIS to the other side of the console. 'All of time and space, right here...'

I know she's remembering it's just like the first time we met.

'Where do you want to go?'

---

A/N right so what do you think of this guys? I've had a few votes but barely any comments so please comment c: it makes me happy! love you guys, so happy that I've got some reads already XD anyway sorry for the a/n I just wanna know what you thought of this chapter, because in case you hadn't realised my experiences obviously aren't as advanced as I've written in this chapter heh :3