18: Rose's Mind

A/N thank you SO MUCH for 2k reads omg :o ILYSFM. anyway sorry i haven't updated in a while, I've had no ideas :3 you may also notice ive got a new cover for this fic :) here's an update anyway so yay!

The Doctor's POV

'Rose?'

She's my only concern, I don't care about the Master. Not now. I only care that Rose is alive.

Gripping her head, she's bent over, blinking rapidly. 'What's wrong?' I shout, running over.

Slowly she straightens up and shakes her head a little. 'I'm fine,' she says. 'I just saw something.'

'What did you see, Rose?' I gasp. And suddenly I realise that anything I've seen in my life could be what she's seen--we're bound to have a psychic link after all this time.

But what if--

What if she saw Gallifrey?

Rose frowns as she struggled to remember the memory. 'Two kids, playing, some fire...no, a lot of fire.'

This can't be good.

I'm about to reply when Jack nudges me and peels a poster from the wall. It is a black and white faded photo of a familiar face, a face we have all come to dread after today.

The Master.

Or, apparently, Harold Saxon. The poster featured big black writing that reads: VOTE HAROLD SAXON: ELECTION 2007.

(a/n was the year of series 3 even 2007? :33 also just in case you were wondering it's about to get different from the episodes here)

Suddenly there is a cry from behind me, and I spin to see Rose bent over again, clutching her head. 'It hurts,' she whispers and tears start to spill down her cheeks like she can't stop them. I grab her in my arms and wipe the tears.

'Tell me, Rose...what hurts?'

She shakes her head again and lets out an agonising sob that makes my hearts break. 'Doctor, make it stop...' she cries. 'I can see things.'

I take her shoulders gently and grab my screwdriver. 'Rose, ignore the light and look forward for me. Focus on what you're seeing.'

Carefully, trying not to get Rose, I use my screwdriver to track the source of the pain by holding it by her eye. I soon find out it is in a small alcove of her brain and fiddle with the settings of my screwdriver to hopefully project an image of the visions onto my brain.

Groaning with frustration, I pull my screwdriver away and hit it against the nearest wall violently. Miraculously it cooperates and works this time--an image slowly comes into view in front of us.

Rose lowers her hand from her head and smiles slightly. 'The pain's gone,' she says. I smile too and then look over to the image: a young girl is stood in front of us. She has wavy auburn hair and happy but intense green eyes. The girl is wearing a floaty, pale blue dress and she smiles at us.

Jack lets out a long breath. 'Who are you?'

The girl blinks and looks at the confused Rose.

'My name is Evelina,' she says. 'I am the interface of Rose's mind.'

---

A/N please let me know what you thought in the comments! Ily all <33