13: Illness

A/N wow I've made quite a habit of doing these xD so just a warning in advance, this chapter might be kind of sad :3 probably feelsy and all dat. but I already wrote a sad fanfic so this will definitely be the only sad bit. I just wanted to do something different. Enjoy bbys <33

The Doctor's POV

'Doctor?' comes a soft voice. It's late at night, around 2am, and I'm fixing a problem in the TARDIS. I turn to see Rose, pale and frail looking, standing before me.

I jump up. 'Rose, what are you doing awake at this time?' I place my fingers on her temples and create a psychic link between us, so I can scan her brain quickly. For some reason it doesn't work--everything is clouded up.

It's lucky that I'm stood beside her because suddenly Rose's eyes roll skyward and she falls into my arms. My hearts beat faster than they ever have before and I am paralysed as I stand with her, laid in my arms.

Thinking quickly, I lift Rose up bridal-style and carry her to the TARDIS med bay. I lay her frail body in the bed and hook her up to the machines so u can run a proper scan.

Metamorphical brain disorder, the computer reads. I groan. Metamorphical brain disorder, or MBD, is a rare brain disease picked up from alien planets. It can also be picked up by a collection of Void dust anywhere in the body. MBD is extremely dangerous and can cause death.

I glance at Rose, her weak human body tucked carefully under crisp white sheets, blonde hair sprawled on the pillow. How long can she fight this off? A Time Lord could have this for a good few years and be completely fine, but a human would be lucky to last for a few days, a week at most.

Footsteps come behind me and Jack enters the room. 'What's going on?' he asks, then sees Rose in bed behind me. I let out a weak sob and tears start to roll down my face. 'It's Rose. She's got MBD, and there's no known cure for it, and--'

Jack grabs my shoulders. 'Metamorphical brain disorder?' he questions. I nod. 'You're gonna need some potassium and magnesium chloride. You also may need some sodium hydroxide. Now stop crying and help me sort this out.'

I don't even question how Jack knows this stuff, but I run to the cabinet and grab the ingredients. If I'm going to save Rose, I need to do this.

And I need to do it now.

---

A/N Mehh not really sure about this but I promise things will get better in the next chapter <33 tysm for all the reads and stuffles ilysm guys, comment prompts?