8: Emotions

A/N so sorry that this took a while to write, I'd nearly finished it when stupid Wattpad decided to delete the whole thing. So, anyway, apologies for the late update, here is chapter eight :)

Rose's POV

After waking up in a tangle of limbs with the Doctor in the console room, I dress sleepily and glance at my reflection.

Under my bloodshot, tired eyes, there are ink-dark smudges, and my hair is a mess of tangles. But behind the tiredness and messy morning eyes, you can easily see the love-struck glance behind my irises, deep in my mind.

Quickly I dress and braid my hair neatly to the side, and run out into the console room. The Doctor looks up from fiddling with levers and buttons.

'Where do you wanna go?' He says excitedly, dashing around the console to face me. I have to grin at his excitement and reach up to kiss him on the cheek.

A blush appears and he looks down at his hands, fiddling with them silently.

I love being with the Doctor, I really do. But sometimes I wish it could go back to the time when we were just friends, going on adventures in a blue box that's bigger on the inside together. Just like old times. But there's no reason we can't still do that, just being, well, a little bit more than friends, right?

'Take me...anywhere,' I decide. 'Somewhere interesting. Somewhere we've never gone before.' The Doctor grabs the monitor and pulls it round, tapping in some coordinates. The spaceship whirrs into action and the Doctor goofily grins at me.

'Sleep well?' he asks softly. I smile inside my own head because I remember that I helped him to sleep after all those memories of Gallifrey and the Time War. It was my job to make him happy, to make him fall asleep dreaming of love and a future with me.

I did it by singing to him.

I've never seen the Doctor like that before. It's something I never thought he had in him. I didn't think he cried. I guess I was wrong. It was just one of those things that all of us do, bottle it up inside. Maybe I thought that because he wasn't human he had a different way of life. I don't know. I just didn't think the Doctor had emotions like that.

However sad he was, I made him happy again. That's at least some repayment for all the things he's done for me.

'Yes,' I reply as the TARDIS lands. 'And you?' The Doctor's face reddens slightly and he smiles.

'Brilliant, thanks to you,' he murmurs, and takes my hand, giving it a little squeeze like he always used to when we'd be on a planet, running from some monsters. Or even just back on Earth, when I was scared.

He always knows when I'm scared.

I squeeze his hand back and spin him to look at me as we leave the TARDIS.

'Doctor, sometimes, you've got to let it out, yeah?' I whisper with a smile.

His face is a jumble of emotions as he looks at me, wild brown eyes hiding so many memories over all those years, all those people he's lost, all of time and space hidden just behind those eyes.

I press my lips to his gently and let the world spin away because right now, nothing else matters.

---

A/N I hate to do another authors note but I just wanted to tell you that this was ready to publish yesterday, however I spent most of the night in A&E (doing a chapter in my fandom book so if you want to know more to read that) with no wifi :( anyway here is is, I shall be updating more often now, hope you enjoyed it <33