23: Stop All of This

A/N read the update on my profile for my news x

Rose's POV

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

I can't do this. I can't.

I don't love you.

I wish I could help you.

But I can't.

I love someone else.

Words are a jumble in my mind as I try to imagine what I'm going to say when we find him. Normally I would he terrified--this guy is easily capable of killing me--but right now I just feel sad and sorry.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Everyone knows where Harold Saxon is now--he's prime minister, where else would he be? The Master wants us to come so it's not like we had to steal someone's identity and sneak in to get a meeting with him.

I don't want to see him.

As we walk up to the door, the crowds outside 10 Downing Street part for us and the Doctor knocks on the door.

Knock-knock-knock-knock.

The bundle of terror in my stomach knots itself up and wrenches, making me wince. I smile as much as I can, remembering the last time we were here. Me and the old Doctor, when World War III started. That was before we'd even met Jack.

Up the winding staircases, through the wood-panelled doors. The door. The Doctor squeezed my hand as we approached and he knocked.

Knock-knock-knock-knock.

(A/N what do you guys think about a journey's end/turn left au? Idea just came to me XD)

Creak. Creak. The world is going in slow motion as the door knob twists and slowly, slowly, the door edges open, to reveal a slightly daunting but cheerful looking man.

This can't be him.

Why the hell would he be cheerful?

'Well well, come in...I've been expecting you.' The Doctor steps past the Master, a dangerous and wary look on his face. I follow him, and blush as I catch the Master staring at me.

I take a seat but the Doctor walks right in front of me, up to the Master. 'Please, Master,' he whispers. 'Just stop it, stop all of this...'

The words trail off and hang in the air between us all. And it might be just me, but maybe just for one second the Master looks small and defenceless, lost in his own thoughts and feelings.

Slowly his hand creeps across the table towards me and as soon as our fingers meet I pull back, as if I've been burned. The Doctor pushes the Master's hand back and stands up straight.

'Please,' I whisper, tears forming in my eyes. 'I'm sorry. I don't love you. I love someone else. But please, I'm begging you, just stop this. Don't abuse London just because you want me.' I pause. 'I'm not worth all that,' I say softly.

Now it's his turn for tears to form in his eyes and slowly they fall down his cheeks, slowly, slowly, slowly...

Slowly.

'I love you,' he whispers, and my breath catches in my throat as he lifts a gun in his hand and places it to his head.

No. No. No.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

Bang.