14: Dead or Alive

Rose's POV

I can hear them shouting, talking, crying...they think I'm out cold, oblivious to my surroundings. But I can hear things, hear murmurs of phrases. I hear the Doctor's voice, I hear his sobs and his tears. And then I hear Jack, telling him to be quick, so they can help me...

My heartbeat pulses through my head and my veins, too loudly, too heavily. Too much. I want to reach out to the Doctor and tell him that I'm fine, I'm not going to die.

But now, I'm not even sure if that's true.

The Doctor's POV

Maybe it's my imagination, but I see a flicker in her eyes. Just a tiny movement, her eyelashes just fluttering a millimetre. 'Rose?' I whisper hopelessly, the tears running down my face like a hot waterfall.

It was my imagination.

Jack is making some potion from the ingredients, stirring them together and boiling them over a Bunsen burner (A/N chemistry skills af XD). I close my eyes and let the tears come, because if I tried to stop them it would be like one human attempting to hold back a whole Dalek army.

Impossible.

Rose's hand is cold. I link my fingers into hers and warm her, willing some life into her body. 'I will love you, Rose,' I whisper. 'Dead or alive.' And yet again I could swear I see her eyelashes flutter, but it can't be. It can't be. It can't be.

That's what I'm telling myself when I hear a voice, quiet, distant. 'Doctor...' That's all it is. But it gives me strength, and I smile. 'I'm here.'

Jack comes over, holding a liquid in a beaker. 'Come on, Rose,' he coaxes gently. 'Come on. You can do it. Come on. Just drink this. It'll all be fine.'

There is no movement. Jack fills a pipette with the liquid and carefully pushes it into her mouth. Gently prising it open, we tip her head together to let it run down her throat.

And instantly I can feel that she is warmer.

It's going to help. I know it. But that thought won't stop the tears, because there's always that one doubt in the back of my mind that questions everything. What if it doesn't? What happens then?

There's one thing that will shut that voice up and I don't know if it's ever going to happen. I've lost all hope as nothing happens and my hands slide down my face and the tears fall to the floor.

One thing makes me turn around again.

'You thought you could get rid of me that easily?'

Just a whisper. Just a murmur. It's barely even there.

'Rose?'

'That's my name.'

I thought I lost her. I did. I did.

'Oh my god,' I murmur. 'Rose, I thought I'd lost you. Oh my god.'

Rose shook her head.

'I made my choice a long time ago and I'm never going to leave you.'

---

A/N welllll did it suck? I hope not xD please comment ideas and prompts guys! <33