24: He's Gone

A/N heloooooooo so basically this is gonna be the last chappy of my utopia au, really enjoyed writing it tbh. so anyway once I'm finished this I have lots of fluff planned for you all and then imma go into a turn left/journey's end au, if that's ok with you guys? also about the master don't worry HE WILL BE BACK HEHEHEHEH anyway enjoy :3 ily x

The Doctor's POV

It's too late to run forward and catch him as he falls. His blood soaks into the carpet and his limp fingers drop the gun. It's too late, too late for anything now. Too late for regrets, too late for goodbyes.

Too late.

Rose lets out a cry and runs over to him, tears streaming down her face as she cries. "No, please..." she says, cradling him in her arms. "Please, no, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry...'

I stand and watch over her for a while, my mind buzzing. He should be regenerating now, what's happening? Why is he just laying there lifeless, cold, on the ground, eyes open wide, glassy? I snap out of the trance and run over to him, scanning him with my screwdriver. He should be regenerating now. It doesn't take this long.

Maybe this is just it now.

Taking Rose gently in my arms, I kiss her half through her wavy, unbrushed hair and half on her cheek. "Come on," I whisper. "He's gone."

The tears keep coming and we stay sat on the floor before the Master, Rose just in my arms, crying quietly. And after a while, my own tears start to fall silently and sadly, dripping down my cheeks and falling onto the floor. He might have hated me and we might have been enemies, but we were friends.

Once upon a time. All that seems so long ago now.

It takes a few minutes for me to accept it, realise that I need to let him go now, and I lift Rose and slowly carry her out of the room, glancing back to cast one last look at him.

Old friend, why are you so shy...

I smile sadly as we leave the room. He's gone now, forever.

But in my peripheral vision, I almost swear I see a gold light.

***

Back in the TARDIS, Jack ambushes us as soon as we go into the control room. I put a smile on, masking my feelings, like I have done for so long now. After explaining everything, I think he gets the message that we don't want to talk about it, and retires to his room

Slowly I walk around the console, flipping levers. "So, you want to go somewhere?" I ask Rose, a small smile on my face, about as big a smile as I can manage in front of her. With Jack it was different--I'm used to it now, hiding my feelings from anyone who I'm not attached to. But now I've found someone I am attached to, and I don't want to hide what I feel anymore.

She deserves at least that.

Shaking her head, Rose says, "Nah, I think I'm going to head off to bed early."

I nod and look at the floor. "See you in the morning."

Rose walks away from me but suddenly, abruptly, she turns round and grins. "Come on, join me."

---

A/N well...is he dead or not? what do you think? I might have him come back later in this book, but not for a while yet because I don't wanna bore you with samey-wamey stuff xD so I don't really know where i'm going to take this, I mean I know I could easily just lead it into smut and I know you guys were quite keen for it before ;) but honestly idk I might just have some mega fluff for you next chappy, what do ya think? hope you enjoyed anywayxxx

Forever Loved (Tenrose Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara