22: For Her Love

A/N woop woop plot twist af in the last chappy XD I hope you're all confused because that's what i was hoping for :3 hopefully you'll get some answers in this chapter anyway, it might help you work things out a little bit :) oh and thanks for 400 votes! also 3k reads? tysm! ö ily guys enjoy the next chappy!

The Doctor's POV

The state of Rose, the disappearing Mind, the words...none of it makes sense...

'Rose...'

I turn to her as the whisper fades into the morning air. Closing my arms around her, I stroke Rose's hair, protecting her, calming her. Obviously whatever Mind meant, it struck a chord with her.

'Rose? You all right?' Jack says softly, touching her arm tenderly. Drawing an arm across her face, Rose sighs and nods.

I envelop her in a hug and whisper into her soft blonde waves, 'What is it, what's wrong...?' I let my words trail off as I feel her fringe dampen with tears under my touch.

'Losing you...' she says. 'I just pictured it and I couldn't bear it. But it's not like I wanted to see it; it was like someone was messing with my head, putting it in there...' I hush her and kiss her cheek gently, feeling her eyelashes flutter against my skin.

But...what did it mean?

Holding Rose at arm's length now, I take her shoulders and look into her hazel (a/n yep her eye colour has changed since the prologue since I was told her eyes weren't ice blue x3) eyes. 'I need to know, Rose. What did she mean?'

She looks away from me. 'I don't know,' she lies.

Shaking my head, I say, 'You do, Rose, don't lie to me. Please. This is important. Your life could be in danger.'

Rose blinks and then sighs. 'She meant...she meant that he loves me.'

It takes a moment for those words to sink into my brain. No...the Master, my childhood friend, or more importantly my enemy, the guy who hates me, loves Rose?

Slowly I release her shoulders, shaking my head. 'But that doesn't even make sense. Love you? How? If he loved you then why would he always be trying to get at me? And how do you know this anyway?'

Rose shakes her head, tears streaming down her cheeks. 'I don't know, it was just like it was a thought that was placed, dropped in my head without the extra information. I don't know. That was it. He loves me and he wants me for something but I don't know what.'

'I won't let you go,' I say, fiercely protective of Rose. I wrap my arms around her, enclosing her in a cage of love. He's a liar, just a huge liar. He doesn't want Rose, he doesn't love her.

He doesn't deserve her.

Cold anger and fury seeps into me, filling my head with hateful words. After all he's done, he thinks he can just run off with Rose, my Rose? The only thing I have left?

The only thing I have to rely on and to love and he wants to take it away.

But then one word creeps its way into my head.

Never.

---

A/N let me apologise for not updating in so long, I wrote the authors note for this a long time ago XD the good news is i broke up for summer yesterday so that means more updates! :) please comment what you thought of this and stuff, and comment prompts! Hope you enjoyed ;33