31: Aliens

A/N im not gonna make this v long but thanks for almost 6.5k reads ily all. enjoy this chappeh. just one thing: the *** is a time skip and ik i had one in my last chapter & it was obvious but this time its like kinda different. you'll see xD hugs and love as always! -avery

Rose's POV

'I'm home!' I shout, as I unlock the door to the flat. After a boring day at work, there's nothing more I want than to sit on the sofa and have some hot chocolate.

There's no reply. I shut the door behind me and put down my bag. Mum's sat down, staring at the TV. 'Mum?' I say. Her hand is over her mouth. Still no reply. I sigh and sit down next to her to watch the news.

'...there was a colleague of mine. Martha. Martha Jones. She gave me the last oxygen tank,' says the man on TV. 'And she...she died.'

I frown. 'What's going on?'

Mum shrugs, eyes wide. 'It's the hospital--people are saying it disappeared. Everyone's saying it's aliens.' I laugh. 'As if. They've all gone mad.'

She shakes her head. 'No, Rose. It went. It really did, saw it with my own eyes. They're all saying it went to the moon, talkin' about rhino people or something.'

'Did anyone get it on film or anything?' I ask, turning up the volume. Mum shrugs. 'I don't think so. They're just saying it disappeared. Completely vanishes, and then just appears again in the same place!'

I laugh. 'Can't be true, come on. Probably just a hoax or something.' I get up and walk off, leaving Mum sat alone, staring at the screen.

***

In the background Christmas songs are blaring as I wander through crowds of people, carrying the drinks I got for me and Shareen, who I brought along to the work Christmas party. I fight my way through and put the drinks down on the table where Shareen is sat.

'Thanks,' she says. 'What time is it?' I shrug. 'Dunno, about 9. Do you need a lift later?'

But I never hear her response, because there's a giant crash outside, similar to a lightning strike.

'Is it them aliens again?' Shareen says, putting her drink down and tottering to the window on her heels. People flood through the door. I pull on my jacket and follow them, running outside.

The police are already out, taping the area off, but it doesn't make what we can see any less weird.

Because there's a giant spider web hovering in the sky.

I'm about to say something when Shareen appears behind me, a look on her face which immediately scares me. 'What?' I say.

She shakes her head and steps back. 'Can't you see it?'

'What?' I repeat, frowning. 'See what?'

'Rose...' she whispers. 'There's something on your back...'

---

a/n cliffhanger aye xD sorry it took so long to update buttttt idk ive been busy :3 anyway hope u enjoyed love u all x