10: Halloween

A/N so in my story I was running out of ideas so I decided to do it like it's nearly Halloween so I could do a pumpkin carving type of fluffy thing :3 I hope this turns out well and you enjoy chapter 9! <33 (I have a feeling rafaelapaquete18 and hashtagciecie are gonna kill me for the whole pumpkin thing, but just be glad I changed the name from 'pumpkin carving' to 'Halloween' XD) P.S tysm for 100 votes! <33

Rose's POV

In the TARDIS the next day it's Halloween--it's always been my favourite holiday ever since I was a little kid, and since you can't exactly go trick or treating when you're living in a massive blue box, the Doctor promised we could carve pumpkins anyway. We're in the large kitchen, sticking our hands into messy, stringy goo from inside the pumpkins.

'I've never done this before,' comments the Doctor, wrinkling his nose at the stringy orange stuff on his hands. 'Do humans really do this sort of stuff for fun?'

I laugh. 'Yep. It's a traditional thing we do at Halloween. This is just the messy bit. You actually do the carving later.' I flick a little bit of goo into the Doctor's hair and fall about laughing as he jumps up and starts screaming.

'Rose! You messed up my hair!' he whines. I smirk and wipe my hands on my old jeans to help him pick it out. 'Geez, Doctor. For a 900 year old Time Lord, you sure are protective over your hair.'

He frowned and grabbed a handful of pumpkin stuff. The Doctor shrieked with laughter as he threw it haphazardly at me--I dart out of the way quickly and laugh helplessly as he aims at me and misses every time.

'Oh my god, Doctor,' I giggle. 'Have you got no experience with throwing things? You miss every single time!' The Doctor pouts. 'Not my problem. You're not being a very good target.  You keep moving.'

Finally he manages to hit me, and I jump up and run out of the kitchen, squealing as I hear his footsteps behind me. The Doctor hits me squarely on the back of the head and I groan as I stop to pick it out of my hair.

The Doctor stops behind me to catch his breath, just as I throw the stuff he put in my hair right back at him. 'Rosie!' he moans, throwing it back at me again but missing. I laugh and run up the stairs as fast as I can, breathing heavily.

I flop onto my bed after jamming the door shut behind me, bolting it quickly. The Doctor bangs on it angrily. 'Rose, let me in or I'll sonic this open!' I stay silent, suppressing giggles. The sound of his sonic comes faintly through the wooden door and the Doctor pushes it open, running towards me. I make a weird squeaky noise and dart under the covers, only to be followed by the Doctor.

'Doctor! Get out!' I laugh. It's hot and stuffy under the covers, and I hear the Doctor's laugh and feel his breath on my cheek. He presses his lips to line softly, in the dark, and he whispers:

'I love you, Rose Tyler.'

---

A/N how was it? Good? Bad? Awful? Yeah probably XD anyway someone requested a chapter where Jack comes back, so that's coming next guys! <33 not entirely sure what it's gonna be like but anyway I can tell you that is gonna be in chapter 10. Hope you enjoyed! <33