30: I'm Done

a/n oooook guys, all my hard planning is going to be put into this au now, starting in this chapter. I am currently home alone, sat at my computer with my plans next to me, all written in purple ink bc yolo and u really didn't need to know that but whateva. this chapter may be a little hard to follow due to the fact that obviously, I basically now have the incredibly hard job of rewriting one of the most complicated episodes of doctor who. ever . well I think it's v complicated anyway. honestly if u have never tried to rewrite this you will never come close to understanding the stress rtd must have gone through to write turn left. like honestly. if there are any inaccuracies, mistakes or just generally anything weird that doesn't make sense (there will probably be a lot) then please forgive me and feel free to point it out to me. I haven't written out drafts of the chapters, just rough, basic plans, so there may be a lot of problems. please don't hate if this is absolute rubbish, I've never written anything as complex and crazy as this so there are bound to be a few mistakes here and there :) now enough with the author's note, let's get on with writing this chapter! the whole au will be in rose's pov. hope u enjoy this and feel free to comment stuff for me to do after this au (no I haven't thought that far ahead bc I aint organised ok). hugs and love, avery xx

Rose's POV

'...Rose, are you even listening?'

As I open my eyes I feel slightly dizzy, but I shake my head and my thoughts clear. 'Yeah, sorry. What was she talking about again? Mum rolls her eyes. 'You've spent the last however long complaining about your leg, but you're determined to go to work! Just stay at home, God knows you've been at work every single day you've been needed anyway. I'll give them a ring, you rest.'

Yawning, I switch on the TV and suddenly I feel very, very awake. A grave-looking news presenter coms into focus, and begins speaking. 'Late last night it seems that an invasion of sorts took place on the streets of London. Plastic mannequins appeared to break out of shop windows and came to life. People have been mentioning a mysterious looking man reportedly trying to stop the invasion, but nobody recognised him. The witnesses have described him as having an 'out of this world' appearance, and apparently seemed to know what he was doing when it came to the living plastic. He was last seen near the Thames, entering a blue police box. The plastic...'

Turning towards the kitchen where Mum went, I shout, 'Mum, have you heard about this invasion thing?' She appears in the doorway. 'What?' I shrug nonchalantly. 'People on the telly are saying some plastic things started going crazy in town last night. They're all talking about aliens.'

'Aliens?' she mutters. 'Whatever. I need to call work, tell them you're gonna be off today.' She turns to go back into the kitchen, then spins around again and looks at me. I frown. 'What?'

Her face is unreadable. 'Nothing, I just...thought I saw something on your back. Never mind.'

Time Skip - The Doctor's POV

'ARE YOU A COWARD, DOCTOR?' The metallic, angry voice I know so well echoes in my head, ringing in my ears. 'COWARD OR KILLER?'

It takes me a second to realise it. Why am I fighting? Why haven't I given up long ago? Is this my job? Is this what I want to be doing for the rest of my life? Fighting robot monsters? Over these 900 years I've gained so many enemies, more than I'd like to admit, and I'm not proud of it. So why don't I just give in? I'm tired, so tired, and I don't think I can do this anymore.

'Alright,' I mutter. 'You win. 'I'm tired. I'm so tired of you and all the other wretched people in the universe, all those stupid people who I've fought so many times. I've wasted my life on you and I'm not doing this any more. So take me now. Kill me, because I know you'd do anything to. You hate me, I hate you, so why don't you just kill me and let me die? It's your chance now. The curtain's closing. I don't want to be the Doctor any more. I don't want to be the man who saves people.'

As the last cries of 'Doctor?' ring out in the room, all I can think is how I wish I had someone to stop me.

---

A/N @ wattpad thanks so much for deleting the original version of this chapter :) hope you like this rewrite anyway xx