17: Visions

A/N this was just a leetle (wtf XD) idea I randomly had today so if it fails im sorry but i just thought it would be kinda interesting :3 after I've finished the whole plot about the master ive got a plan for loads of fluff so please bear with Ü enjoy <33

Rose's POV

The world begins to fade and blur and warp before me as the Doctor and Jack fiddle with the vortex manipulator...and suddenly...I can't see clearly...and when I close my eyes...to block out the world...all I am faced with...is an image...

Blonde hair falling around her face in soft ringlets, the girl is smiling, blue eyes laughing. The brown-haired boy smiles too and puts his arm around the girl. A mother joins them, and proudly grins as the man takes the picture of the happy family.

Her ocean-blue eyes shining, the girl pulls away and runs from the boy, laughing as she goes. He follows, and they play till the skies are painted with burnt orange. The mother and father watch over their children peacefully, smiling up at the stars in the night sky.

But then the image is changing, blurring, and there is no longer a happy family.

A sole man stands alone among the flames, watching silently as they lick and flare around him. He doesn't move. He is not worried by the danger; he doesn't seem to see it. His eyes are dark and face blank.

He stands in the garden he played in as a child.

With his sister, the sister he loved and knew so well. How many happy afternoons had he spent here with her, dancing and laughing through the trees under a burnt orange sky.

'I'm sorry,' he says.

And then he turns on his heel and walks away.

I open my eyes, but I can't seem to be able to remove the image. My eyelids burn, like the image has been branded onto my mind. I shake my head and expect to be stood under a burnt orange sky, but instead I'm stood in a London street.

My mind seems to be slow, stuck on that vision. It makes me feel dizzy just to think about it. Where did it come from? And what is it?

Then it occurs to me--

The man wasn't any man. It was the Doctor. And he was on Gallifrey. With his family.

And that was the Time War.

I'm sorry, Doctor. I'm sorry that I saw those things. I'm sorry.

Most of all, I'm sorry for you.

---

A/N worst ending ever oml *facepalm* what did you think? Did it suck? Two updates in one day you're lucky ;)